FS: Pioneer SA-500 & TX-500 One Of A Kind

I restored/modifed the integrated and matching tuner 5 or 6 years ago and have been enjoying them ever since, but the time to pass them on has come. Both have been completely gone through and work perfectly.

The integrated:
Every cap replaced with Silmic II or Cerafine. Every 3 legged transistor replaced. The filter cap was replaced with a Mundorf and the value bumped up slightly. Emitter resistors replaced. Some wiring upgraded. Furutech FI-06 IEC socket added. All RCA jacks replaced. The binding posts were replaced/upgraded. A not bright blue led added for the power indicator. A Bent Audio/Alps remote controlled volume pot added. It is directly connected to the original pot, so only the motor is used. It is powered by an external brick 9V supply. Custom aluminum feet were added. The cover was repainted and Dynamat added. I'm likely forgetting some things.

The tuner:
Every cap replaced with Silmic II or Cerafine. The filter cap replaced with a Mundorf. The tuner string was replaced and the tuner calibrated. Furutech FI-06 IEC socket added. All RCA jacks replaced. A not bright blue led added for the stereo indicator. The signal strength meter is back lit with blue leds. The face/dial lights were replaced with soft white leds. Custom aluminum feet were added. The cover was repainted and Dynamat added. I'm likely forgetting some things.

Comes with two remotes, a small plastic one and a larger heavy metal one. Both control the volume only. No power cords included except for the external power brick. I have a bunch of extra parts that you're also welcome to.

The sound I would best describe as tube like. Not dull and not bright, just right.

Sold as a pair only.

Price: $975.00
I've got way more than that in them. The motorized pot and remotes were about half of the asking price alone.

Payment via PayPal (friends/family), cash is king or check if I know you well.

Shipping Cost: TBD. Currently, I do not have boxes, but that's not a problem and I know how to pack gear, ask anyone that has bought from me. Local pickup is fine.

Pics in the next post. Any questions, please ask.
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited September 2021
    Forgot, the custom MIT shorting plugs for the phono inputs come with it.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Excellent craftsmanship Jesse. These look phenomenal.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    Those look awesome Jesse. Good luck with the sale.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Dude those look outstanding!
  • Excellent work Jesse👍
    GLWTS!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • F1nut
    Bump......in the dark

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Price drop, now $875.00

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2021
    Man, if I had a pair of bookshelves and was looking to build a rig in a smaller room.....Ronco.

If nothing else, set it on a shelf to look at while monkeying with your privates....anything F1 does is pure audio pournograhpy.

I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • F1nut
    Bump in the dark.......

President of Club Polk

• Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    Those are beautiful. If I did not already have so many systems I would scoop these up. Good job!!!
  • geppy1
    geppy1 Posts: 3,071
    Very cool units.
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,491
    This would be great!
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • These are beautiful! I'm confused by the power brick, as it looks like both use an IEC power cord?
  • F1nut
    The power brick is a 9V supply for the motor driving the volume pot. It connects to the small silver round port under the Tape Rec RCA jacks.

President of Club Polk

• Aha! I see that now. Very cool!
  • F1nut
    Aha! I see that now. Very cool!

Thanks!

The IR receiver is mounted in what was the speaker on/off switch. I was never going to use that crappy switch, so removing it also cleaned up the signal path.

President of Club Polk

• Sneaky. I like it!!
  • F1nut
    edited March 2022
    SOLD thank you!

President of Club Polk

• gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    I missed this thread before....those are beautiful Jesse. Congrats on the sale...both parties.