Black Musical Fidelity M6si Integrated Amplifier not available to Feb 2022

Milito
Milito Posts: 1,957
edited October 2021 in The Clubhouse
I've been told it won't be available till Feb 2022.

Should I wait or is there another integrated amp with similar specs I should be looking at to go with my new L600's?

I might be able to find a Musical Fidelity M5si Integrated Amplifier, but it doesn't have balanced inputs which I would like to have. Anyone compared the two as far as sound?
Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.

Comments

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 5,032
    Have you shopped the used market for one...such as US Audio Mart, Hi Fi Heaven, or Music Warehouse (I think thats the name out of CO.)?
  • Milito
    Yes, I've been looking for awhile. It has to be black.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,467
    February's not that far away. Get an order in now and the manufacturer may be able to gauge if they want to, or can, speed up production and transport to the US market. Not sure if the MF products are made in Europe or Taiwan now, but supply chain and transport issues are everywhere for the next year or so.

If the M6si is really what's wanted long term I'd just use something else I already had in the interim and wait.
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,467
    MF products are not alone in this. Lot's of various electronics are out of stock because of the "chip" shortage and some places have no idea when they'll be back in stock. In this "world economy" it is what it is...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,467
    edited October 2021
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • Milito
    edited October 2021
    I messed up, I thought I had put this the the 2 channel part of the forum. I would like to get it moved there.

I have it on order with HiFi Heaven.

Yea the chip shortage is hurting everyone.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    Yeah, that time will pass quickly, and when you finally have it, it will have been worth the wait.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Parasound HINT6 could be an option?
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Oppo 103D, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, KLH Model 5s, Polk CSi A6, Samsung 65" LED

Office
    Yamaha A-S501, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • Milito
    The Parasound HINT 6 was one I considered, but decided on the M6si.