Monitor Audio gold 60 outriggers

VR3
VR3 Posts: 27,970
edited September 2021 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Made a template on the printer, gonna be way sweeter than that silly base stock...

Off to the aluminum fabricator!

qse20zmeik34.jpeg
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• That's really cool. I was actually thinking of plugging the ports of the LSi 15s I have to see if that tightens up the bass. With the ports plugged, I can see them on outriggers...
    Audio system lost to water damage... :(
  • VR3
    Much better!

gnd2tabpkbrd.jpg
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    So, Trey. I am gonna need a pair of those, custom made to my main speakers designed, manufactured and powder coated with custom SS spikes by tomorrow.

You are the man, so I expect this to happen yesterday.

Thanks man.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Seriously, those look great. Why you did that is beyond me but they do look great! Where did you source the "thumbtack" type spikes and are they decent, crappy or legit?

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    Thank you!

Those were from a brand called Yung.

There are decently legit, not Chinese garbage but not stainless steel killing vampires either!

The stock bases had some damage to them and were missing the spikes... Plus the bases look like someone drew it in Microsoft paint and maybe took a you tube course on design... So they had to go!

Can totally do this for your speakers very easily, even can use the stock mounting holes, etc