Book guru's...did hardcover fiction novels come with the books being wrapped in cellophane?

Options
i don't remember which is very sad as i use to work at Media Play for a couple of years...sigh...
Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC

Comments

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    I’ve bought several hundred hardback fiction novels over the years (starting in the mid ‘80s) and never had any arrive wrapped in cellophane.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    starkiller wrote: »
    i don't remember which is very sad as i use to work at Media Play for a couple of years...sigh...

Not sure what this has to do with the thread title. Books from Amazon are not wrapped.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,679
    Options
    A "Trucker's Combo" is almost always wrapped in cellophane. Don't be fooled by the label that says "THREE TITLES" because the little book in the middle is always worthless.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,369
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Some publishers will wrap their quality books individually in plastic to help prevent shipping damage and customer returns. Library of America comes to mind.

When Amazon was a relatively small company they used to deliver books by putting them together on a piece of cardboard and then holding them together with a type of heat shrink plastic. Now they just toss everything together in an envelope or box.

Mass market fiction books are delivered to book stores in multiples in boxes without being individually wrapped. No reason for wrapping individually unless there's an insert that the publisher wants to keep inside the book. That would be rare.

I worked in a bookstore 30 years ago when I was in college.
  • starkiller
    starkiller Posts: 2,723
    Options
    thanks for everyone's comments!
    Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    "Hustler" is usually wrapped in cellophane although it isn't really classified as a book but rather as a magazine.

It does contain fiction, though.
    Sort of a "Ripley's Believe It Or Not".

You're welcome. 👼
    Sal Palooza