MOFI/Fender TT

Options
Stopped spinning LP's years ago but I think this is beautiful...
"Brilliant Collaboration Between Two Revered American Companies: U.S.A.-Made Fender x MoFi PrecisionDeck Turntable Features Iconic Sunburst Finish, Sounds Incredible, and Is Limited to Just 1,000 Numbered Units"

uzldhotyedut.png
lams04laww1m.png
t2sxjjlcyhml.png
4e0miq2v32aq.png
9qgkdpqy0yns.png
https://www.musicdirect.com/Turntables/Mobile-Fidelity-PrecisionDeck-Limited-Edition-Fender-Turntable?sc_src=email_2468942&sc_lid=140959800&sc_uid=QIIxpsp4LG&sc_llid=32303&utm_source=Emarsys&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=musicdirect+soundbytes+issue+#1009_MofiXFender_09-22-21sc_eh=0860fe8ee87102da1
Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬

Comments

• guyincognito
    Options
    Oh wow. Yeah, that is very cool. Thanks for posting. I still have a Fender custom shop Strat from the mid 90s tucked away.
    Rega Planar 8, Apheta 3 MC , Aria mk2 Phono
    Aurender n100h, Benchmark DAC2 HGC
    Arcam SR250, Parasound JC5
    Revel F208, SVS SB-4000
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I like it. It's essentially a MoFi Ultradeck with the Mastertracker cartridge, which sells for $2499, except with the sunburst finish. I don't see anything other than cosmetic differences in the product description. But the finish does look like a Fender custom shop finish.

They seem a bit bold in their projections to sell out a thousand of these for a $1K upcharge over the Ultradeck. I must say it looks good. Some people will probably buy one and never really use it other than to sit out on display.

I have a Telecaster Thinline with a similar finish on it.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,463
    Options
    Beautiful.

I'm also jealous of you guys who can play guitar. I've tried two or three times. Just doesn't take. I might as well be strumming a garden rake or a broom. Zero aptitude.
    I disabled signatures.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    I'll be the dissenter, and point-out this rather weak-looking tonearm bearing point.
    yfhhnn24lp22.jpg
    Sorry...that just doesn't do it for me...especially at that premium price!
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    Options
    same as the regular MOFI as far as I can tell...
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    SIHAB wrote: »

True. Just a regular Ultradeck plus their best cartridge and with a cosmetic upgrade. But, some people will buy these just because they have the Fender logo and sunburst on them. I think it looks pretty slick. Personally, I'd buy the regular Ultradeck and put the extra $1K towards another guitar.

:)
  • displayname
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    SIHAB wrote: »

True. Just a regular Ultradeck plus their best cartridge and with a cosmetic upgrade. But, some people will buy these just because they have the Fender logo and sunburst on them. I think it looks pretty slick. Personally, I'd buy the regular Ultradeck and put the extra $1K towards another guitar.

:)

I agree, love the look but wouldn’t so this price. However I could see my cousin who owns like 20 guitars going with this if he was in the market. I think this exists for Fender collectors more than for audiophiles. It’s a good deck, I’ve had mine for a few years now. But I’d rather put $1K into a cart upgrade than the fender look.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs