New Signature Elite ES speakers

MikeUp
MikeUp Posts: 86
edited September 2021 in Speakers
I read a lot of bad reviews of the Signature line, mainly chestiness and lack of imaging. Looks like the Europeans complained loud enough to get new speakers with different crossovers (guessing for better imaging) on a variant as S20e. Now the new Elite ES series is out with new crossovers(for better imaging), new internal bracing (for less chestiness), better sensitivity, and unfortunately, worse low end response. These are suppose to be everything the standard Signature series didn't live up to.

The new Monitor XT line looks like a replacement for the low end budget T series with same bass radiators. Looks like the new Terylene tweeters are used to get a Hi-Res certification even if it's above the human hearing along with Atmos add on speakers.

Surprisingly, as many stores are bring back the TSI speakers, Polk is still manufacturing most of the TSI line, TSI100, TSI200, TSI300, TSI400, TSI500, and TSI CS10. Don't see the TSI CS20 anywhere though. These seem to be a customer favorite. I am constantly impressed with the TSI100s, with their realism and imaging.

Not sure why the RTI series is no longer available as I know many liked it as well. The T series needs to go. I heard them and couldn't believe anyone would buy them.

On to new and better adventures
0rgpp9vfl09w.jpg

Post edited by MikeUp on

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    edited September 2021
    FWIW, the sensitivity measures for the Signature lines are essentially the same at 89dB to 90dB for all of them and the reported frequency responses listed are total frequency responses, which really don't mean much, rather than -3dB response levels. In real world listening the new Signature ES speakers may have more accurate bass response within the -3dB levels and the bass may actually sound stronger and more defined because of the improved cabinet structure.

Won't know for sure until people get their hands on them. Personally, I wouldn't expect them to sound or perform all that different from each other. At least not enough to make mixing them together in a home theater system problematic.
  • Emlyn wrote: »
    Personally, I wouldn't expect them to sound or perform all that different from each other. At least not enough to make mixing them together in a home theater system problematic.

Boy I hope your wrong as the new ES60 are $1,098 at Crutchfield and the S60 are $778 at Crutchfield. As the ES60 cost 41% more, I would hope there would be some significant difference.

0rgpp9vfl09w.jpg

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    I wouldn't be surprised if the remaining S series stock hits half price or lower at some point.

:)
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    edited September 2021
    MikeUp wrote: »
    Emlyn wrote: »
    Personally, I wouldn't expect them to sound or perform all that different from each other. At least not enough to make mixing them together in a home theater system problematic.

Boy I hope your wrong as the new ES60 are $1,098 at Crutchfield and the S60 are $778 at Crutchfield. As the ES60 cost 41% more, I would hope there would be some significant difference.

I wouldn't read too much into the pricing. They are trying to move old stock.
  • DaveHo wrote: »
    MikeUp wrote: »
    Emlyn wrote: »

I wouldn't read too much into the pricing. They are trying to move old stock.

The Signature S60 is still current so they're not trying to move old stock, they've just reduced their price as they normally do after a certain amount of time has past.
    0rgpp9vfl09w.jpg

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    F1nut wrote: »
    The increased cost is no doubt mostly due to the cost to ship a container from Asia to the US, which nearly doubled from $11k before Jan. 20th to $20k now.

Not to mention that ships are stacked off each coast deeper than usual, I hear they're have a devil of a time unloading the ships for one reason or another
  • @OP, well I just got the S60's S30 and the S15's as my surrounds paired up with a new Yamaha RX-A2A. Don't know where those reviews where at saying the S60's had a (weak sound stage), and are (chest heavy). I'm absolutely enjoying mine!! Very open sound stage! Clean tight bass! Very detailed mid-range and highs. Yes I have had Polks LSi line the whole line including the LSiFX surrounds which I believe where the best surrounds I have ever owned. So with that said, reviews are subjective, including mine. But with that said, for what I just paid for the whole signature series lineup, was a steal in my book! I checked the inside of the S60's, they are very well braced on the inside. Almost a window brace type plus the XO is of high quality. Guys, as you know Polk just updated the signature series line and from what I feel is already an outstanding line of speakers. I can only say if anyone is looking for a excellence sounding speaker for both music and theater use I highly recommend them!
  • MikeUp
    MikeUp Posts: 86
    edited October 2021
    Just reviews on the internet but are opinions none the less.

The signature series have been upgraded twice now with the European versions, S10e, S15e, S20e, S50e, S55e, and S60e. Now those 'european' version speakers are clearancing out for the ES10, ES15, ES20, ES50, ES55, and ES60 speakers.

The European signature line was only sold through B&H Photo in US otherwise only sold oversees. When I was reading reviews before I bought my TSI speakers, reviewers were stating that European series was updating the negatives in the signature line that Europeans didn't want because they had better options. Like I said, opinion.

I believe the Signature line was to replace the TSI line as pricing mirrored the TSI series when the TSI speakers were introduced. The RTI line was considered to be a more upscale line.
    Post edited by MikeUp on
    0rgpp9vfl09w.jpg