A "legendary" offer for forum members only

Options

Comments

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,924
    Options
    Anyone receive tracking info yet, I ordered on the 8th?
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,491
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Likewise, no tracking info. this is what shows on the top of my order details when I pull it up on their website (I've "*"'d out my personal info):
    View Order
    Order Details
    Order # ******
    Date: 8 Sep 2021
    Email confirmation and tracking details sent to: **********at*****.com

Guessing, they'll ship from CA?
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • Milito
    Options
    Same here.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Milito
    Options
    Just got a call from freight line, they are on a pallet and will be delivered Tuesday.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JayCee
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Milito wrote: »
    Just got a call from freight line, they are on a pallet and will be delivered Tuesday.

Sweet. Where are you located? I'm in the PNW. I just emailed for my tracking number. @verb, you have visibility, yet?
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,533
    Options
    jschmelzle wrote: »
    @JayCee @Milito Please feel free to email me directly with your order number so that I can help in getting a tracking number over to you.

Jennifer.schmelzle@soundunited.com

...and here I thought I had a hard last name to pronounce/say correctly. Welcome to the fray, Jennifer.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • simm
    simm Posts: 564
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    The LSiM line still works fine with the Legend line for home theater, especially for surround duty, so may be little reason to get rid of them altogether as long as space is available. Dolby is going nuts with Atmos surround options for speakers these days.

I did decide to swap out my LSiM706C for the L400 though but mostly for looks. For sound quality the 706C would have been fine. The LSiM704C is too small to match with the L800s, IMHO.

I would say the L800s are the best speakers Polk has produced when straight from the factory. They can be bested for stereo use by 1.2TL or 2.3TL setups as long as those are heavily updated from the original versions. The no replacement for displacement thing. Maybe by the SRT mains too, but I've never heard those and haven't seen signs of those being upgraded with better internal parts. The L900 height modules really do work too.

I am going to use some of my LSiM series for surround duty. I can’t decide if I want to use the 702’s for surround or 703’s. I do need to sell some of them as I just have too many speakers and don’t want to pack them away in a closet. I had a little buyers remorse this morning when I started thinking about this as this was one of those purchases where it wasn’t a necessity but a splurge. I am very excited about getting the L800’s though and can’t wait to hear them.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,415
    Options
    I had the same thoughts about the 702s vs 703s and tried them both out as rear surrounds. The 703s are the better surround speaker to me, especially when positioned just above seated ear level and with a processor that's set up as an Atmos system. If it's an old school 5.1 Dolby Digital system only then either pair would have been good enough with the 702s mounted up higher.
  • Milito
    Options
    JayCee wrote: »

Sweet. Where are you located? I'm in the PNW. I just emailed for my tracking number. @verb, you have visibility, yet?

DFW area in Texas.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,966
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I'm new to the Sound United/Polk social team and just getting myself acquainted with the forum. Formal introduction coming soon! Looking forward to working with you @F1nut !

Ummmm.....I may have to remind you of that at some point......J/K

Welcome to insanity :)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,207
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I'm new to the Sound United/Polk social team and just getting myself acquainted with the forum. Formal introduction coming soon! Looking forward to working with you @F1nut !

At least JSC seems to know who the president of Club Polk is.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    JayCee wrote: »

Not yet!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

SAY IT!!!!
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • F1nut
    Options
    ARRRRRRRRRR!!!

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Options
    Of course, la is turning green again.

President of Club Polk

• verb
    Options
    Just got my tracking info! Delivery Friday! Woo Hoo!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Milito
    Options
    I got my tracking also, but it said FedEx and said Friday delivery. I got a call yesterday from a freight company who said I would get them Tuesday on a pallet, weird.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,757
    Options
    I got my tracking also, but it said FedEx and said Friday delivery. I got a call yesterday from a freight company who said I would get them Tuesday on a pallet, weird.

FedEx freight maybe.
  • Milito
    Options
    Nope, it was Old Dominion Freight Line.
  • JayCee
    edited September 2021
    Options
    My EDD, Thursday, via Fedex. Labels created but no tracking.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,479
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • simm
    Options
    For you guys that have tracking numbers where are they shipping from?
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,907
    Options
    Any Canucks taking advantage of this offer?
  • Milito
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @simm, I was sent a Fed Ex tracking number and when I enter it on the Fed Ex site it said it doesn't exist. They aren't shipping it, see above.
  • simm
    Options
    @simm, I was sent a Fed Ex tracking number and when I enter it on the Fed Ex site it said it doesn't exist. They aren't shipping it, see above.

They probably picked it up late Friday night but haven’t billed it yet so it won’t track until probably sometime Monday. I didn’t know if Polk were shipping from the West coast or East.
  • verb
    Options

Same here!
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,415
    Options
    I've had a couple large items shipped FedEx Ground in the last month from the west coast to the east coast. A vendor may have a label created on a Friday to ask FedEx to pick it up but that doesn't usually mean the shipping company is going to pick it up that same day. Once the label is created by the vendor and it gets into the system FedEx seems to be taking about a week to ten days to get something from California to Virginia with variation based on when the item was physically on one of their trucks and moving.