Monitor Series 2, M3 9173340 bracket question.

These speakers were stored in the attic for a long time. I have the brackets and speakers but can't quite remember how to lock the bracket in a given position. It is not the type that is splined with a flat spot. There must have been more than one type of bracket mechanism. Polk didn't really have an answer. They just told me that the speakers are 20 years old. I have pictures if that will help.

Thanks!

Answers

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    I'm sure pictures would be of help.
  • BLou
    BLou Posts: 3
    Please note that the speaker pivot points have no splines.
    nfplqiwljdw9.jpeg
    Just another view.
    x8ckzbtjp2fc.jpeg
    v4mlalwtk1fb.jpeg

Thank you for any input!
  • There are locking pins, two for each speaker, they go in from the outside and lock the speakers in place. If you don't have these you'll have to adapt an after-market bracket to the enclosures, OmniMount for example.
  • BLou
    BLou Posts: 3
    Thanks for the input Kenneth. I understand about the pins, as I have them for two of my older Monitors. My problem is with the later Monitors which have a non-splined hole and a different bracket. You can see the difference in the newly attached pictures. Thanks again!
    usmdpag14trr.jpeg
    43mt8b74fswc.jpeg

• Just saw this because I setup my pair of Monitors connected to a Bluesound PowerNode after some 15 years. They were sitting in a closet after I dismantled them from the ceiling where they served as presence speakers in my Yamaha HT setup.
    My recollection is that you have to apply a little pressure to snap the speaker into the bracket enclosure. Don't have the brackets anymore so can't verify.
    Great speakers.