My psw505 stopped working no power now

Options
well I've had my psw505 for about year and half. But other day I noticed it wasn't working. Through some trouble shooting and internet I located the power fuse it was blown like black. I replaced it with same type and still no power light will come on. I've got nothing. Wondering what I can do to get it working again. Any help much appreciated! I love this home subwoofer hope I can figure something out.. i checked the power cord with multi meter and have power at the cord but from there I dont get nothing.

Best Answer

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    Answer ✓
    Options
    In all likelihood the bass amplifier needs to be replaced. If you've owned it less than three years it should be covered under warranty. If you reside in the U.S. telephone 1-800-377-7655 and follow the prompts for service.

Answers

• kizzyk27
    Options
    well I've had my psw505 for about year and half. But other day I noticed it wasn't working. Through some trouble shooting and internet I located the power fuse it was blown like black. I replaced it with same type and still no power light will come on. I've got nothing. Wondering what I can do to get it working again. Any help much appreciated! I love this home subwoofer hope I can figure something out.. i checked the power cord with multi meter and have power at the cord but from there I dont get nothing.
  • kizzyk27
    Options
    psw505 not working
  • DrumDude
    Options
    I own two of these....neither works!! First one lasted two years and the other one was bought in January 2021, it died in May. Now Polk tells me that I must pay $180 for a replacement plate amplifier that you can buy from Ebay for $40! POLK CUSTOMER SERVICE ARE LIARS! They got my info and my payment and told me I would have a new plate amplifier in two weeks. Great!, right?? WRONG!!! After waiting three weeks and no amplifier I called back to find out what happened and they told me, sorry, but ALL of their plate amplifiers are backordered and it will be at least another month before they can send me a new one. These subwoofers are obviously defective and Polk Audio just doesn't give a **** about their lifelong customers or care if they get quality customer service or a good quality product! I think that I'm done with Polk Audio after 40yrs of dedicated listening and use....I am fed up with this so-called American company that **** on their good customers and then tells them, sorry, but bend over and spread your cheeks!! NO THANKS POLK AUDIO....HELLO SVS AUDIO!!!
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    I've forwarded your post to a friend at Polk, he's great at solving problems. I'm sure he'll contact you via email.