Amazon reviews

Options
We buy a fair amount of stuff from Amazon. Today I received the following email from a foxmail.com address:

Hi there

We currently have this following free Amazon product for review, the product image is at the end of this email.

300ml Water Flosser

Should you have an interest, please let me know.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards
Stan

I know Amazon does look for reviewers from time to time, but coming from a non Amamzon email seems a bit fishy?
Yep, my name really is Bob.
Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,486
    Options
    I wouldn't respond.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,153
    Options
    scam
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    Unless it was a butt flosser I wouldn’t be interested anyway.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,916
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Burn through the garden hose again?

Catheter style?
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,808
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Write back from a spam-use email address saying you only have one tooth and that 300mL seems like an awful waste of water, but that you'd be happy to review the product. Then, post on Amazon that all your teeth grew back after using the product.
    I disabled signatures.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,995
    Options
    Love the responses. This thread is a tribute to PFB.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Ol1ver
    Ol1ver Posts: 1
    edited October 2022
    Options
    It seems to me that scammers can also use this method, because now it is quite relevant. It would be best not to agree to any proposals. You can answer, but do not send any of your data, because it may end badly
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 10,003
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Burn through the garden hose again?

That hose rash bites, don’t it?
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,173
    Options
    I fell for it
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    I fell for it

Things work good with the Dyson until it pulls the vacuum below 50 microns, then things turn ugly. 😢
    Sal Palooza