Been gone a bit

Options
Been out off the forum for some time. It honestly stopped being fun.

Less fun and brotherhood and more anger and trolls.

I’m hoping it’s back to normal.

Spent a lot of time on my bikes and with the family.

Very recently I’ve been powering up the systems and enjoying tunes thanks to injury and illness.

I’m getting back into the mindset of “investing” in music and less into bikes. But honestly, I’m a long way away from leaving experience behind for “stuff”.

I found a lot of peace on the bike.

Hope you guys have been doing great and I look forward to reconnecting!

- Frank

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,839
    Options
    Welcome back Frank :)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Welcome back Frank :)

Jesse, definitely happy to see you’re still here!
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,882
    Options
    Blasphemy! More on audio than bikes...

It's about finding your balance, welcome back!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,070
    Options
    Willow wrote: »

yeah -- bikes and balance... a good combination. B)

Great to hear from you @Upstatemax!
  • Upstatemax
    Options
    Willow wrote: »

Thanks to the explosion on bikes and anything bike related, getting hard not to spend $$$$ on them!

I have a trip planned to North Carolina in about a month with some friends, it’s very much needed to just get some time on the bikes with friends, no ladies opinions allowed!

My daughters also don’t care a bit about tonal difference in bla, bla, bla when it comes to music. But get them on a bike, and they are ready to rock.

I simply want to hear them have fun more than anything.
  • Upstatemax
    Options
    Speaking of balance, my wife is 100% into paddle boarding recently.

I’m going to pass, 100%.

I’ll take the kids on the trails while you go and try and drown yourself.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,524
    Options
    Good to see that you’re back. Enjoying our bikes here, too.0
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,618
    Options
    Welcome back
    Hopefully you are feeling better.
  • Upstatemax
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Welcome back

On the other side of feeling better.

Went though a round of Covid and recovered nicely.

Was in excellent shape for biking and then I went through a nasty round of allergies that has not hit me this hard for years. Lungs full of fluid and intense headaches. Can’t really take decongestants as they spike my heart rate so I had to deal with it the best I could.

Went on a bike ride a few weeks ago and my heart rate was still hovering around 180bpm just trying to spin an easy gear. Thankfully I had a buddy that would stick with me and paced me up the mountain. After a good recovery session on the mountain top we had an amazing descent and it brought me back into the world of the living.

My dog is not a fan of my inability to entertain him endlessly…
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    Welcome back, bikes are GREAT therapy.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Same ol’ forum.
    1/2 the calories.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    Upstatemax wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Welcome back

On the other side of feeling better.

Went though a round of Covid and recovered nicely.

Was in excellent shape for biking and then I went through a nasty round of allergies that has not hit me this hard for years. Lungs full of fluid and intense headaches. Can’t really take decongestants as they spike my heart rate so I had to deal with it the best I could.

Went on a bike ride a few weeks ago and my heart rate was still hovering around 180bpm just trying to spin an easy gear. Thankfully I had a buddy that would stick with me and paced me up the mountain. After a good recovery session on the mountain top we had an amazing descent and it brought me back into the world of the living.

My dog is not a fan of my inability to entertain him endlessly…

I know this feeling. I had covid at the beginning of the pandemic.
    I've had hypersensitivity to allergies. Been trying to get on track with exercise.
    Welcome back. Enjoy the music.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Upstatemax
    Options
    sucks2beme wrote: »

I know this feeling. I had covid at the beginning of the pandemic.
    I've had hypersensitivity to allergies. Been trying to get on track with exercise.
    Welcome back. Enjoy the music.

Yeah, this has been an awful year for my cycling, about half my normal mileage…

With a mountain bike trip planned for early October, I need to shake this and get back to grinding out the miles.

My wife is happy about the simple fact that if I’m riding half of what I normally do, I’m also spending half of what I normally do on my bikes. Nothing wears out or breaks if you’re not riding.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,655
    Options
  • sucks2beme
    Options
    I ruptured an Achilles tendon at the beginning of this year, so just walking normal is a big deal.
    I went for a couple of 1 hour walks this weekend to build back some strength.
    Recovery at my age takes time.
    What part of upstate are you in? I used to live outside Rochester
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Upstatemax
    Options
    I live between Albany and Saratoga.

I was able to get out for an hour tonight on the mountain bike on some local trails. Breathing, recovery and strength felt good.

Still need to get my fitness back up and endurance. But it was nice being able to breathe and not having my heart race the whole time!

Ruptured tendon is no joke, really sorry to hear about that!
  • sucks2beme
    Options
    The last year and a half took a toll.
    Being semi retired gives me time to get back to some kind of normal.
    I was having bad coughing fits all last year. And with parks and gyms closed
    There was very little exercise. I ended up ordering one of those incline style
    Exercise machines.
    No hills around here but there are a lot of parks and trails. Sounds like you are
    Getting healthy. Keep up the good work.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options