Squeezebox Touch

Options
$110 includes shipping in the lower 48 to members with at least 100 posts. Small nick on the front. Don’t have original box. PayPal F&F or you pay an extra 3%. I’ve been around these parts since 2008. I’m legitx09bfp4nglvt.jpeg
tdzy02v7onmo.jpeg
pwosmedcpkkp.jpeg
SDA 2BTL, VPI Prime, Soundsmith Zephyr MKIII, Rogue Ares Magnum, McCormack DNA 0.5 Gold, ARC LS-17se, Cambridge cxn v2, MIT AVT MA ic’s and speaker cables, ps audio stellar power plant 3

Comments

• jonicont
    jonicont Posts: 277
    Options

Another
    799tsqgypasw.jpeg
    SDA 2BTL, VPI Prime, Soundsmith Zephyr MKIII, Rogue Ares Magnum, McCormack DNA 0.5 Gold, ARC LS-17se, Cambridge cxn v2, MIT AVT MA ic’s and speaker cables, ps audio stellar power plant 3

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    PM coming.
    I disabled signatures.
  • jonicont
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    PM coming.

replied

• jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    PM coming.
    I had a feeling this might happen :D
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • msg
    Options
    Soon I will own all the SBTs in North America.
    I disabled signatures.
  • jdjohn
    Options
    mv345okyprol.png
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Soon I will own all the SBTs in North America.

That's a weird fetish.
  • jonicont
    Options
    Sold. Thanks Scott

• msg
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Boughted. Thanks John.

I have plans to mate this one with a Panasonic RX-FT560 from the 90s, a time when Drew was just a little audio nugget. Nostalgia project. (for clarification, my nostalgia has nothing to do with Drews nuggets)

Thought about doing this before with a HiFi Berry DAC'd piCorePlayer, but for the deal John's offered here and some 3M double-sided tape, this was a no brainer.

I actually have two of these things. The first one I got on Ebay (inspired by a blank cassette tape purchase from @jdjohn) had surprisingly less full sound than I remember. I may have imagined this thing sounding good, but I got a second one I haven't had a chance to test yet. Either way, I'm considering exploring some disassembly and minor upgrades fractionally inspired by the mad-scientistyism of @ALL212. May scrap the whole project and just one day build one of those Parts Express Boomboxes and integrate the SBT. By integrate I might just mean PowerGrab.

(borrowed and molested image)
    zvwozzako7ef.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Uh oh, don't go down the boom box rabbit hole like @erniejade !!
  • msg
    Options
    Too late.
    The turntable one arrives from Croatia in three weeks.
    I disabled signatures.
  • jdjohn
    Options
    The first one I got on Ebay (inspired by a blank cassette tape purchase from @jdjohn) had surprisingly less full sound than I remember.
    Wow...I think that is first time I inspired someone o:) Btw, I have more blank cassettes if you need additional inspiration :p
  • ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,556
    Options
    “Either way, I'm considering exploring some disassembly and minor upgrades fractionally inspired by the mad-scientistyism of @ALL212.”

It’s really @SCompRacer that did the wierd and wild mad-scientistysms with the SBT. I had to read the directions on how to activate the touch screen so don’t go blaming on me if’n you blow sompin up!
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    Options
    They're here all week....try the veal.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• msg
    Options
    Tip your waitress.

A bird in the hand... will probably be messy sooner or later.
    I disabled signatures.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited August 2021
    Options
    A bird in the hand is your middle finger...

Ah yes, the old Squeezebox Touch steal the I2S mod...

dfpfe2agz1r5.png

It was sent on its way to my DAC by a Teleporter, which allowed longer runs than recommended for I2S signal. Kind of like that transporter in Star Trek, only with wires.

1bpl8ckxz0zp.png

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • msg
    Options
    Pretty cool, Rich!
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    Received the SBT today, thanks John. Nicer than expected condition! Your camera or photography skills suck.

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°ºAAAAAA++++ Friendly, communicative seller! Careful, thoughtful packing! Fast ship! Hope to do business again! First Rate! AAAAAAA++++°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º
    ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░ Superb! ░▒▓█▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    I'd like to squeeze her box, if you know what i mean.
  • Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    I'd like to squeeze her box, if you know what i mean.

The Who wrote a song about that
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|KEF Reference 1 Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • jonicont
    Options
    Received the SBT today, thanks John. Nicer than expected condition! Your camera or photography skills suck.

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°ºAAAAAA++++ Friendly, communicative seller! Careful, thoughtful packing! Fast ship! Hope to do business again! First Rate! AAAAAAA++++°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º
    ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░ Superb! ░▒▓█▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Guess I should dust off that phone lens :)