Dayton Audio HTA100BT Hybrid Stereo Tube Amplifier with Bluetooth USB Aux Phono In Sub Out 100W

Options
This arrived last Friday. I was skeptical but the reviews speak for themselves.

I have been using the Aux input only so far with Tidal and Cobalt Dragonfly. This my be the best sounding component I own. Although that ain't saying much as I am a low budget guy. Of all my stuff, anything other than low volume the Kenwood KR-9400 is my favorite. At low volume this hangs in there with my 12 watt per channel channel pioneer Sx-440 and surpasses the Kenwood at low volume. The Kenwood just doesn't reproduce sound well at low volumes.
IMO!

The soundstage impressed me. I still can't believe what I am hearing through my modestly upgraded Polk 7bs. Maybe they are A's?
Anyway, I did a post here on the rebuild.

I listen mostly to smooth jazz but have listed to Hocus Pocus from Focus, Zeppelin a little Meatloaf in order to get an idea of how versatile this little guy is. Although there was nothing wrong with the sound at levels below 12 O'clock, there wasn't any booming bass until 1 O'clock then, bam, I had thumping! Clean thumping, not real tight though but enjoyable none the less. I haven't tried to connect a sub-woofer. In my setting it wouldn't be good as my wife of 33 years sleeps next to my room. With this guy I can crank it a bit, 9-10 O'clock on the volume dial and not get the vibrations coming through the wall nearly as bad as with my old Rotel RX-604 or the Hitachi.

You guys are probably wondering how I have found enough time to listen to so much but I have been fighting a bug this week and stayed home two days so far. This guy is addicting.

I have never heard any clipping or distortion unless listening to very old poorly recordings such as "Lionel Hampton does the vibes". In fact the soundstage in my 12x12 bedroom, (which is the worse size of room for simple acoustics according to the book "The Stereo"). Regardless of this statement I have and always have had a decent 3d soundstage but somewhat unbalanced because on the right wall is only a dresser but on the left are two five foot by two foot closets with the bi-fold doors removed to accommodate speakers placement. One closet is packed full with clothes hanging and the shelf above is full of old Polk speaker components. The second closet has a desk stuck in it. There is a king size bed right in the middle and the monitor 7s sit on top of a nice free pair of SDA 2's which sit on top of a pair of monitor 10's. So the middle of the 7's passive radiator is level with my ear. I used to be 6 foot. All these factors give me a enjoyable soundstage experience but not as good as my friends setup with large Thiels. Yea about a $25,000 system which I consider to be out of my reach!

The looks are good especially at night. Many said the meters looked cheap. I do think white with black lettering would have looked more nostalgic I don't mind the silver back and blue letters. The needles work as good as the Rotel's. The build seems solid and has some weight to it. I have attached a couple screenshots. There is Bluetooth built in with a few other digital inputs.

So I believe this is a fantastic buy at $230 and it comes with a five year warranty.

to711ex5252a.png
w6q4q3ykgcp7.jpg

Comments