Help! Tube testers and tubes

pkquat
pkquat Posts: 742
While going through a friends relatives estate we came across some tube testers, vintage testers and some tubes. I think we have manuals for all of them. There are also some old turntable stuff as well. I don't think any of that is real high quality, more of oddity stuff.

I know one of the tubes shown is a capacitor. I think the tubes are mostly radio and TV related. I am trying to track town a bag of tubes that may have some amp tubes.

I am wondering:

1. What route to go to find them a good home, hopefully where they may get some use or appreciated.
2. If there is much of a need for them
3. If any have have much value.

Thank you for any information and help provided.
vco7rlywhmi6.jpg
0jdozm5l17yu.jpg
cibi7tbnnxew.jpg
cwlldoskro57.jpg
nud0782ignfc.jpg
j8553fsnmcjd.jpg

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    The Simpson 260 is one of the best VOMs (volt-ohm meters) ever made.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    I may be interested in the tube tester.
    Most may need work on them to bring back to accuracy.
  • ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,553
    Put a price on the Simpson. Nice piece! @mhardy6647 is gonna beat me to it...
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • mhardy6647
    ALL212 wrote: »
    Put a price on the Simpson. Nice piece! @mhardy6647 is gonna beat me to it...

Nah, I've got one :)
  • mhardy6647
    edited July 2021
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I may be interested in the tube tester.
    Most may need work on them to bring back to accuracy.

The Heathkit manual probably explains maintenance & calibration -- one of the nice value-adds from them. :)

EDIT: Oh, earlier, I was gonna say that the Knight (Allied) "auto analyzer" was probably valueless -- but then I thought about the vintage car world and realized I may have been way off base on that instrument! ;)
  • pkquat
    pkquat Posts: 742
    TY for the information so far. The Simpson is a Series 3. I assume everything is in working order. It looks pristine, but no one has checked the battery compartment for any corrosion. Do these drift with age?

I am open to having them find a home here, but right now the family is torn between finding a place to check them out / drop off locally, while others are interested in money vs. just dumping it because it is not worth the time. I am working for finding them a good home, and if they have some value, at least trying, but in the end I have to work with the family, it is not my call. Ideas for what places to search for locally would be helpful. I found some vintage radio places, but so far only antique dealers. Someplace local, will be the easiest. Here is a close 2nd.

I gather the Heathkits don't have much value so I am not sure what a price would be. There would at least be shipping costs. The Simpson is heavy, and I worry some about shipping for any of it, or are these pretty rugged? I will put @pitdogg2 in line for the tube testers and @ALL212 in line for the Simpson. PM's are find if anyone wants to discuss things further.

Below is another tube tester. I have not seen it in person. It is a Model 203-4 according to what I can read on the meter.
    l57srbjvxzo7.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    From my limited research that Heathkit was not as valuable. I found a couple refurbished models that sold for $200 others were much lower at less than 100. There wasn't much out there that was current sales for a good reference.

I understand the family thing.