Are limited editions worth preserving?

Options

I picked up John Prine’s Live at the Other End on CD last RSD. It’s advertised as a limited edition. I have copy 39 of 6000. Number 39 is pretty low and I was wondering if as a sealed copy would it appreciate significantly? Does anyone have any idea if any of the limited edition RSD releases became more valuable?
HT- Samsung PN50B860/Integra DTR 30.3/Rt55 Fronts
Rt35i Surrounds/Cs1000p Center/SVS BP1000 Sub
2CH - B&K MC-101 pre/B&K EX-442 amp/NAD 2400 amp
Polk SDA1C, Polk Monitor 7, New Large Advents and Polk RTA 8T
BR - Yamaha CR800/Polk monitor 5

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    Options
    Maybe if it was signed personally by JP himself.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,369
    Options
    If it was an SACD I'd say stash it away sealed. With a CD I'd just open it up, rip it to WAV, then stash it away to sell later.

For reference, some of the Audio Fidelity SACDs I was buying for $20 when they were being issued in limited numbers seem to be selling in the $60 to $100 range now. Doesn't seem to matter if they're sealed or not since people who bought these issues don't tend to be the type to trash their discs. Some buyers also like to know they play as intended before purchasing.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,434
    Options
    Most RSD releases I've been after list and sell for more than the cost of a typical record. I think it would depend on whether that RSD release is available on other media types, like CD or streaming.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,434
    Options
    Sorry, disregard, I missed that bit about it being a CD you're asking about.
    I disabled signatures.