Tidal v Spotify

2»

Comments

• Best
    Best Posts: 2
    Tidal HiFi! if you take audio quality seriously, Tidal Hifi is the best option tailored for you.
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    Spam Fest
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,330
    Spam is pretty good but scrapple is the way to go.
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    I’ll take some scrapple eggs with my spam !
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,330
    "Up in Pennsylvania we eat scrapple on toast. That was my first steps on the road to looking gross", John Gorka song "People My Age".
    https://youtu.be/AoxEY1uEQx4
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    Does anyone know when Spotify is going lossless?
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    machone wrote: »
    Does anyone know when Spotify is going lossless?

I don't believe we have any official announcement on a date besides "2021" however I think the partnership with Billie Eilish for the initial announcement could be an indicator. Her next album comes out July 30th. It wouldn't shock me if part of her contract involves being the marquee title to pair with the release of Spotify Hifi. But that's all just speculation.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • freya
    freya Posts: 4
    I prefer to use Spotify, premium subscribers have more music libraries, and I think the sound quality of Spotify is better than Tidal. If you prefer to listen to Spotify on Roku, Xbox One, and other devices, you can use TunesKit Spotify Music Converter to download songs from Spotify to your local computer, and then you can move the songs to any you like On the device
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,558
    Put a cork in it, spammer.
  • displayname
    Spotify continues to fail to deliver on their hifi service, and now Tidal is dropping prices.
    3xskkbyecib9.jpeg
    Discogs
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Is there any point to sticking with the $20 tier anymore if you don't care about Atmos or 360 audio whatever it is?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • displayname
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Is there any point to sticking with the $20 tier anymore if you don't care about Atmos or 360 audio whatever it is?

A lot of people are strong believers in MQA.
    Discogs
  • Nightfall
    I think I'll just bump down to the $10 CD quality tier then. It will offset the cost of picking up Paramount+ since South Park and Beavis & Butthead are going to have new stuff there.

• displayname
    I think I'll just bump down to the $10 CD quality tier then. It will offset the cost of picking up Paramount+ since South Park and Beavis & Butthead are going to have new stuff there.

Just found out tonight that T-Mobile is offering a year of Paramount with service. If you already have their unlimited plan, could be an extra saving
    Discogs
  • Nightfall

Just found out tonight that T-Mobile is offering a year of Paramount with service. If you already have their unlimited plan, could be an extra saving

Awesome. Now I just save $120 a year.

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Keep an eye out for deals on this: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tidal-hifi-music-12-month-subscription-starting-at-purchase-auto-renews-at-119-99-per-year-digital/6407163.p?skuId=6407163

This is the $20 a month tier. It goes on sale for 99 often, sometimes 89.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • displayname
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Keep an eye out for deals on this: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tidal-hifi-music-12-month-subscription-starting-at-purchase-auto-renews-at-119-99-per-year-digital/6407163.p?skuId=6407163

This is the $20 a month tier. It goes on sale for 99 often, sometimes 89.

Does require a new account. FYI for anyone considering returning.
    Discogs
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    It will offset the cost of picking up Paramount+ since South Park and Beavis & Butthead are going to have new stuff there.

Love me some Beavis & Butthead .... sadly I can't/won't be able to watch...no streaming here :(

• Nightfall
    edited November 2021
    I can share my Paramount + with you probably if you want.

• agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Going to try Tidal Hifi. Been on the fence for a while but finally ready to see if it works for me.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • Nightfall
    Tidal is great you'll like it 👍

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited November 2021
    agfrost wrote: »
    Going to try Tidal Hifi. Been on the fence for a while but finally ready to see if it works for me.

I offered up a free 3 month Tidal trial on the clubhouse offered up from Sony the other day promoting 360 its in the clubhouse see if anyone claimed it yet if not you got 3 months to see if you like it.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    I wish Spotify would either ****, or get off the pot, with hi-res, or even CD quality.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon