Cary SLP 03 Pre amp

Options
kevhed72
kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
edited May 2021 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
This has been in my setup for maybe 4 years, and had 2 previous Polkie owners I believe. I am including 4 RCA 1956 black plate 12 au7 tubes, remote, and original box. Packaging will be fortified if need be after I dig out box. See pics for cosmetics, including 2 micro dings on right of faceplate compliments of yours truly. Not sure what caused discoloration to top of unit. Lastly, the volume knob at times does the reverse of how you turn it. From what I read this is a matter of cleaning which I will try tomorrow.
$900.00 plus actual shipping/insurance via Paypal. When I say actual shipping, I will call you from FedEx counter with total to complete transaction.
u8k1qroguzug.jpeg
3l3k7movbdlg.jpeg
lyfnalsmjfsl.jpeg
v7sst5scta0q.jpeg
xgfec97rl7jk.jpeg
0verlqe45vrb.jpeg
l8lfnb3rj9kf.jpeg
p3w71kp7n7ol.jpeg
x5vaed1pao4m.jpeg
rpzc7jt2ng7z.jpeg

Comments

• hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Any leads on where the unit could be serviced?

Did another piece of gear live on top of this one?
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • kevhed72
    Options
    Cary services their equipment in NC I believe. The remote works fine to control the volume, but the knob sporadically goes wonky and turns the volume down when turned clockwise. I will attempt to clean the control today. I always kept the unit in its own rack, so my guess is someone, perhaps myself, attempted to wipe the top with some type of cleaner.
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Cary services their equipment in NC I believe. The remote works fine to control the volume, but the knob sporadically goes wonky and turns the volume down when turned clockwise. I will attempt to clean the control today. I always kept the unit in its own rack, so my guess is someone, perhaps myself, attempted to wipe the top with some type of cleaner.

Great, thanks for the info!
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • engie490
    engie490 Posts: 426
    Options
    Any luck on cleaning the volume?

Also, I assume that you have all of the screws for the top cover?
    Sonus Faber Liuto / Coda Continuum / Anthem STR Preamplifier / Oppo BDP-105D / Technics SP-15 w/SAEC WE-308SX & Ortofon AS-309 arms / Ikeda 9C2 & Dynavector XX2 Mk II carts
  • kevhed72
    Options
    engie490 wrote: »
    Any luck on cleaning the volume?

Also, I assume that you have all of the screws for the top cover?
    I do have the screws and have to put it back together after getting a closer look at the volume control. Stay tuned this weekend for an update!

• kevhed72
    Options
    The volume seems better than it was but not perfect. Seems to be a bit of an issue when you spin the volume quickly. I found all 8 screws for top, have original box, remote, and 4 RCA tubes. 900 plus shipping and insurance via PP friend option. PM me any questions. I can ship it out via FedEx Ground this week....cheers.
  • kevhed72
    Options
    850.00 for Polkies via PP (plus shipping and insurance).
  • kevhed72
    Options
    Bump for 800.00 including the 4 RCA tubes.
  • kevhed72
    Options
    This has sold.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Thank GOD!!! You have no idea how much I was digging through couch cushions to come up with the spare change to grab this back from you, Kev.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • kevhed72
    Options
    I was looking at the old shipping label at actually had this in my system since 2017, which is an eternity for me! Now I just need to get my MF gear moved from Chicago down here to GA.!
  • VSAT88
    VSAT88 Posts: 1,227
    Options
    Come On Down !
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    I was looking at the old shipping label at actually had this in my system since 2017, which is an eternity for me! Now I just need to get my MF gear moved from Chicago down here to GA.!

Why, I'd be happy to move it for ya. :D

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • kevhed72
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »

Why, I'd be happy to move it for ya. :D

I'm sure you would 🤣. I told the seller to send it FedEx hold at location and Ill just pick it up at work. Complete set of Amp, Pre, and CD Player.