McMaster-Carr is an amazing company!

I have to acknowledge this hardware supply company. I order quite a bit of miscellaneous nuts and bolts, 0.8mm clip rings and metric bolts and they process the orders and I get them the next business day. They even answer email questions within 2 hours! For hand tools and general hardware they can't be beat.

Comments

• la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 601
    They have a stellar customer service department. One that most companies, including Polk would love to have.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    I call/use them daily at work, they are great..
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    I first discovered them back in the early 2000s when working on my old '87 Toyota 4wd. Ordered some giant sheets of acoustic mastic to use like Dynamat, something like 30x54" sheets for $13 each. I think zip ties, RTV tape, and all kinds of other stuff like that, too. I was always happy with the quality of the items I ordered.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Excellence is part of the organizational culture at McMaster Carr. It's expected, but the case study I read was they are treated well for superior performance as well. Either way, a breath of fresh air to deal with them for sure.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    ... plus, they sell everything (to a good approximation)!

:)
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited February 2021
    What a catalogue!
    1lus1no8uwp1.png

Reminds me of a Grainger's catalogue.

Adam Savage LOVES their catalogue.
    https://youtu.be/8kbu34dk92s

Post edited by Tony M on
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    It's almost spooky how fast they get stuff to my door.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    Used them quite a bunch in the past. They have 3D models of a lot of their HW too.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    I gave an old Saab 9000 to a friend who put on a new serpentine belt. He called me in a panic because he was trying to remove the idler pulley and broke off the bolt. I asked him if it was left hand threaded and there was dead silence on the other end. Needless to say we matched it up with one close in length from M. Carr and it was there in like two days.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    edited June 2021
    I am truly AMAZED!

I used McMaster Carr Supply for the first time yesterday Friday June 18 at 6 PM. I ordered 50 stainless steel screws and nuts. The order total was $11.01 and $6.62 shipping using UPS Ground. Upon placing the order, I saw delivery would be Monday and the package would be shipped on Friday.

I thought it was an error and I didn't believe the package would arrive on Monday.

I was perfectly happy with the Monday arrival date if it happened.

At 9:30 this Saturday morning, I received an email from UPS noting the package would be delivered between 2:00 and 6:00 PM today. It noted I could follow the shipment on a live map. I looked and the package is already close to my neighborhood.

I needed these screws and I started to use "Air" for shipment, but left it UPS Ground. I guess the screws would have been delivered in the middle of the night if I had selected "Air". :)

I thought the screws would be shipped from NJ. I looked at the warehouse locations and saw that there is one about 15 miles west of Atlanta, so must have come from that location.

Nevertheless, it is extraordinarily how perfectly the process was completed.

The final thought is the simple way in which I input my personal and payment information.

Real time Picture :
    ynpaix37qaxo.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,452
    The company must have the ability to manipulate time and space.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    The company must have the ability to manipulate time and space.

Talk about building shareholder value!

B)