some jazz and rock lps for sale

pglbook
pglbook Posts: 2,163
edited May 2021 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I am thinning the herd again as I have been buying too many records lately and need to make room for the new ones.

Grading is: record/cover. All lps play fine as far as I remember although a few, like any used vinyl, may have a little crackling here and there. I tried to be conservative in grading but, if I missed anything I will offer a 7 day return policy, no questions asked. Just send me a pm within 7 days of receipt and return the lp (Buyer to pay return shipping) and I will provide a full refund.

Payment by pay pal friends/family. Offer only open to Polkies with 100+ posts.

Shipping, by U.S. Postal media mail shipping (packed well and mailed in a cardboard record mailer), is $4 extra for up to 4 lps. Free shipping for 5+ lps.

Please post interest in this thread so others can see what items have been taken, and also send me a pm.

George Coleman: The George Coleman Quintet in Baltimore
(RSD 2020 Limited Edition, Reel to Real, 180gram vinyl).
Mint/Mint - not sealed but played only once and all as new.
Limited Edition of 1,500 copies. Includes 12-page color booklet.
Recorded Live at the Famous Ballroom in Baltimore, MD, on May 23, 1971
$21

John Coltrane: Coltrane Jazz
(Atlantic Records recent 180 gram reissue)
Mint/Mint - still in shrinkwrap but shrinkwrap opened on side edge to allow removal of lp. $21

Andrew Hill: Black Fire (Blue Note Tone Poet Series, 2019).
Mint/Mint. New - the outer Tone Poet plastic bag housing the lp is opened at the top but record is new and was never played: I ended up with 2 of these for some reason so this is a duplicate in my collection. For those unaware of the Tone Poet Series, it is a recent Blue Note reissue series - all analog mastering, beautiful glossy tipped-on gatefolds, and amazing sound quality. $21

Jethro Tull: Living in the Past (2lp, Chrysalis, 1972, 1st pressing).
NM/NM. Includes a very nice large 12pp. color booklet tipped-in to the inner gatefold. $18

Jethro Tull: 20 Years of Jethro Tull (2lp, Chrysalis, 1988). NM/NM (some shelf wear to corners of cover but overall a nice copy). $23

Los Lobos: ...And a Time to Dance (Warner, 1983). NM/NM. $14

Mahavishnu Orchestra: Visions of the Emerald Beyond (Columbia, 1975). NM/VG+ (slight shelf wear to edges of outer cover). $18

John McLaughlin: John McLaughlin in Retrospect (2lp, Polydor, 1969, French import, gatefold). VG/VG (price sticker, "2 Disques, 1x, 46f," to upper right corner of front cover, sticker to rear cover, "Made and Printed in France", some rubbing to upper and lower spine of cover). I have not played this one in a while but believe the record plays fine, with perhaps a few crackles on a song or two. A great collection. "John McLaughlin in retrospect featuring Lifetime, Jack Bruce, John McLaughlin, Tony Williams, Larry Young." $29

Jean-Luc Ponty: Canteloupe Island (2lp, Blue Note Re-Issue Series, 1976). NM/VG (small bump/ shelf wear to upper spine of cover, record has a few crackles here and there but plays well). A great collection that includes some Zappa material. $21

Return to Forever: Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy (Polydor, 1973). NM/NM. $16

Sun Ra & His Astro-Infinity Arkestra: Sun Embassy (Roaratorio, 2018). NM/NM. $22

Sun Ra Arkestra: 3rd September 1988 Chicago (2lp, Klondike, 2014). NM/NM. Non-gatefold, includes 2pp. (back and front) pictorial insert sheet with liner notes laid in to inner sleeve. $30.

Neil Young: Roxy: Tonight's the Night Live
(2lp, Reprise, 2018). RSD 2018 Limited Edition. Includes a limited edition 8" x 10" b/w print of Neil Young and the Santa Monica Flyers only found in this edition.
NM/NM - not sealed but only played once and all is as new. $29

Comments

• pglbook
    A few price reductions.

George Coleman: The George Coleman Quintet in Baltimore
    $20

John Coltrane: Coltrane Jazz
    Mint/Mint - still in shrinkwrap but shrinkwrap opened on side edge to allow removal of lp. $20

Andrew Hill: Black Fire (Blue Note Tone Poet Series, 2019).
    Mint/Mint. New - the outer Tone Poet plastic bag housing the lp is opened at the top but record is new and was never played: I ended up with 2 of these for some reason so this is a duplicate in my collection. For those unaware of the Tone Poet Series, it is a recent Blue Note reissue series - all analog mastering, beautiful glossy tipped-on gatefolds, and amazing sound quality. $20

NM/NM. Includes a very nice large 12pp. color booklet tipped-in to the inner gatefold. $18

Jethro Tull: 20 Years of Jethro Tull (2lp, Chrysalis, 1988). NM/NM (some shelf wear to corners of cover but overall a nice copy). $23

Mahavishnu Orchestra: Visions of the Emerald Beyond (Columbia, 1975). NM/VG+ (slight shelf wear to edges of outer cover). $17

John McLaughlin: John McLaughlin in Retrospect (2lp, Polydor, 1969, French import, gatefold). VG/VG (price sticker, "2 Disques, 1x, 46f," to upper right corner of front cover, sticker to rear cover, "Made and Printed in France", some rubbing to upper and lower spine of cover). I have not played this one in a while but believe the record plays fine, with perhaps a few crackles on a song or two. A great collection. "John McLaughlin in retrospect featuring Lifetime, Jack Bruce, John McLaughlin, Tony Williams, Larry Young." $26

Jean-Luc Ponty: Canteloupe Island (2lp, Blue Note Re-Issue Series, 1976). NM/VG (small bump/ shelf wear to upper spine of cover, record has a few crackles here and there but plays well). A great collection that includes some Zappa material. $20

Return to Forever: Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy (Polydor, 1973). NM/NM. $15

Sun Ra & His Astro-Infinity Arkestra: Sun Embassy (Roaratorio, 2018). NM/NM. $21

Sun Ra Arkestra: 3rd September 1988 Chicago (2lp, Klondike, 2014). NM/NM. Non-gatefold, includes 2pp. (back and front) pictorial insert sheet with liner notes laid in to inner sleeve. $28

(2lp, Reprise, 2018). RSD 2018 Limited Edition. Includes a limited edition 8" x 10" b/w print of Neil Young and the Santa Monica Flyers only found in this edition.
    NM/NM - not sealed but only played once and all is as new. $28

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    I'll take the George Coleman, Coletrane and Andrew Hill....
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    pglbook wrote: »
    Jethro Tull: 20 Years of Jethro Tull (2 lp, Chrysalis, 1988). NM/NM (some shelf wear to corners of cover but overall a nice copy). $23
    Is this the 'Highlights' version? The standard '20 Years' is actually 5 lps, but the Highlights is just 2.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • pglbook
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Jethro Tull: 20 Years of Jethro Tull (2 lp, Chrysalis, 1988). NM/NM (some shelf wear to corners of cover but overall a nice copy). $23
    Is this the 'Highlights' version? The standard '20 Years' is actually 5 lps, but the Highlights is just 2.

I don't know if this is the highlights" version. It is the 2lp set. I can send e-mail some pics if you, or anyone else, is interested (if so, please send a pm with your e-mail address so I can send a few pics of the front and back cover). Thanks.
  • pglbook
    TroyD wrote: »
    I'll take the George Coleman, Coletrane and Andrew Hill....

Thnks, Troy. I will send you a pm.
  • pglbook
    The John Coltrane, George Coleman, and Andrew Hill lps are now sold.

Here is an update list:

(SOLD) George Coleman: The George Coleman Quintet in Baltimore
    $20

(SOLD) John Coltrane: Coltrane Jazz
    Mint/Mint - still in shrinkwrap but shrinkwrap opened on side edge to allow removal of lp. $20

(SOLD) Andrew Hill: Black Fire (Blue Note Tone Poet Series, 2019).
    Mint/Mint. New - the outer Tone Poet plastic bag housing the lp is opened at the top but record is new and was never played: I ended up with 2 of these for some reason so this is a duplicate in my collection. For those unaware of the Tone Poet Series, it is a recent Blue Note reissue series - all analog mastering, beautiful glossy tipped-on gatefolds, and amazing sound quality. $20

Mahavishnu Orchestra: Visions of the Emerald Beyond (Columbia, 1975). NM/VG+ (slight shelf wear to edges of outer cover). $17

John McLaughlin: John McLaughlin in Retrospect (2lp, Polydor, 1969, French import, gatefold). VG/VG (price sticker, "2 Disques, 1x, 46f," to upper right corner of front cover, sticker to rear cover, "Made and Printed in France", some rubbing to upper and lower spine of cover). I have not played this one in a while but believe the record plays fine, with perhaps a few crackles on a song or two. A great collection. "John McLaughlin in retrospect featuring Lifetime, Jack Bruce, John McLaughlin, Tony Williams, Larry Young." $26

Jean-Luc Ponty: Canteloupe Island (2lp, Blue Note Re-Issue Series, 1976). NM/VG (small bump/ shelf wear to upper spine of cover, record has a few crackles here and there but plays well). A great collection that includes some Zappa material. $20

Sun Ra & His Astro-Infinity Arkestra: Sun Embassy (Roaratorio, 2018). NM/NM. $21

Sun Ra Arkestra: 3rd September 1988 Chicago (2lp, Klondike, 2014). NM/NM. Non-gatefold, includes 2pp. (back and front) pictorial insert sheet with liner notes laid in to inner sleeve. $28

NM/NM - not sealed but only played once and all is as new. $28

• pglbook
    jdjohn wrote: »

John:

You are correct that is is the 2lp "highlights version."

I just checked the record and the back cover states the following, "This selection taken from 20 Years of Jethro Tull - The Box Set. A five-album collection....."

• pglbook
    edited June 2021
    Here is the latest updated list with a few price reductions.

$20

Jethro Tull: 20 Years of Jethro Tull (2lp, Chrysalis, 1988). NM/NM (some shelf wear to corners of cover but overall a nice copy). This is the 2lp "highlights edition." The back cover states the following, "This selection taken from 20 Years of Jethro Tull - The Box Set. A five-album collection....." $22

Mahavishnu Orchestra: Visions of the Emerald Beyond (Columbia, 1975). NM/VG+ (slight shelf wear to edges of outer cover). $15

John McLaughlin: John McLaughlin in Retrospect (2lp, Polydor, 1969, French import, gatefold). VG/VG (price sticker, "2 Disques, 1x, 46f," to upper right corner of front cover, sticker to rear cover, "Made and Printed in France", some rubbing to upper and lower spine of cover). I have not played this one in a while but believe the record plays fine, with perhaps a few crackles on a song or two. A great collection. "John McLaughlin in retrospect featuring Lifetime, Jack Bruce, John McLaughlin, Tony Williams, Larry Young." $24

Sun Ra Arkestra: 3rd September 1988 Chicago (2lp, Klondike, 2014). NM/NM. Non-gatefold, includes 2pp. (back and front) pictorial insert sheet with liner notes laid in to inner sleeve. $27

NM/NM - not sealed but only played once and all is as new. $27
  • pglbook
    A few more price reductions.

$20

Jethro Tull: 20 Years of Jethro Tull (2lp, Chrysalis, 1988). NM/NM (some shelf wear to corners of cover but overall a nice copy). This is the 2lp "highlights edition." The back cover states the following, "This selection taken from 20 Years of Jethro Tull - The Box Set. A five-album collection....." $22

Los Lobos: ...And a Time to Dance (Warner, 1983). NM/NM. $13

Mahavishnu Orchestra: Visions of the Emerald Beyond (Columbia, 1975). NM/VG+ (slight shelf wear to edges of outer cover). $13

John McLaughlin: John McLaughlin in Retrospect (2lp, Polydor, 1969, French import, gatefold). VG/VG (price sticker, "2 Disques, 1x, 46f," to upper right corner of front cover, sticker to rear cover, "Made and Printed in France", some rubbing to upper and lower spine of cover). I have not played this one in a while but believe the record plays fine, with perhaps a few crackles on a song or two. A great collection. "John McLaughlin in retrospect featuring Lifetime, Jack Bruce, John McLaughlin, Tony Williams, Larry Young." $23

Jean-Luc Ponty: Canteloupe Island (2lp, Blue Note Re-Issue Series, 1976). NM/VG (small bump/ shelf wear to upper spine of cover, record has a few crackles here and there but plays well). A great collection that includes some Zappa material. $19

Return to Forever: Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy (Polydor, 1973). NM/NM. $14

Sun Ra Arkestra: 3rd September 1988 Chicago (2lp, Klondike, 2014). NM/NM. Non-gatefold, includes 2pp. (back and front) pictorial insert sheet with liner notes laid in to inner sleeve. $27

NM/NM - not sealed but only played once and all is as new. $27
  • pglbook
    Final price deductions. This is best I can do on these as a lot of prices are even less than I paid myself. Thanks.

$20

Jethro Tull: 20 Years of Jethro Tull (2lp, Chrysalis, 1988). NM/NM (some shelf wear to corners of cover but overall a nice copy). This is the 2lp "highlights edition." The back cover states the following, "This selection taken from 20 Years of Jethro Tull - The Box Set. A five-album collection....." $21

Los Lobos: ...And a Time to Dance (Warner, 1983). NM/NM. $12

Mahavishnu Orchestra: Visions of the Emerald Beyond (Columbia, 1975). NM/VG+ (slight shelf wear to edges of outer cover). $12

John McLaughlin: John McLaughlin in Retrospect (2lp, Polydor, 1969, French import, gatefold). VG/VG (price sticker, "2 Disques, 1x, 46f," to upper right corner of front cover, sticker to rear cover, "Made and Printed in France", some rubbing to upper and lower spine of cover). I have not played this one in a while but believe the record plays fine, with perhaps a few crackles on a song or two. A great collection. "John McLaughlin in retrospect featuring Lifetime, Jack Bruce, John McLaughlin, Tony Williams, Larry Young." $22

Jean-Luc Ponty: Canteloupe Island (2lp, Blue Note Re-Issue Series, 1976). NM/VG (small bump/ shelf wear to upper spine of cover, record has a few crackles here and there but plays well). A great collection that includes some Zappa material. $18

Return to Forever: Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy (Polydor, 1973). NM/NM. $12

Sun Ra & His Astro-Infinity Arkestra: Sun Embassy (Roaratorio, 2018). NM/NM. $20

Sun Ra Arkestra: 3rd September 1988 Chicago (2lp, Klondike, 2014). NM/NM. Non-gatefold, includes 2pp. (back and front) pictorial insert sheet with liner notes laid in to inner sleeve. $26

NM/NM - not sealed but only played once and all is as new. $26
  • pglbook
    edited June 2021
    I'll keep the remaining lps for sale on here until Saturday morning (June 12), and then will take whatever has not sold by then to my local record shop on Saturday afternoon for a trade-in credit.

Thanks.
  • pglbook

Still available...and prices reduced on all records.

The following records are still available for sale ...and will be available until this Sunday (June 13). I was going to take the remaining records to my local record shop and trade them in for a credit last Saturday (as noted in a prior post). However, I forgot that RSD was last Saturday so I did not make it my my local shop (which does not do RSD) on that day and will go this Sunday instead.

Jethro Tull: 20 Years of Jethro Tull (2lp, Chrysalis, 1988). NM/NM (some shelf wear to corners of cover but overall a nice copy). This is the 2lp "highlights edition." The back cover states the following, "This selection taken from 20 Years of Jethro Tull - The Box Set. A five-album collection....." $20

Los Lobos: ...And a Time to Dance (Warner, 1983). NM/NM. $11

Mahavishnu Orchestra: Visions of the Emerald Beyond (Columbia, 1975). NM/VG+ (slight shelf wear to edges of outer cover). $11

John McLaughlin: John McLaughlin in Retrospect (2lp, Polydor, 1969, French import, gatefold). VG/VG (price sticker, "2 Disques, 1x, 46f," to upper right corner of front cover, sticker to rear cover, "Made and Printed in France", some rubbing to upper and lower spine of cover). I have not played this one in a while but believe the record plays fine, with perhaps a few crackles on a song or two. A great collection. "John McLaughlin in retrospect featuring Lifetime, Jack Bruce, John McLaughlin, Tony Williams, Larry Young." $20

Jean-Luc Ponty: Canteloupe Island (2lp, Blue Note Re-Issue Series, 1976). NM/VG (small bump/ shelf wear to upper spine of cover, record has a few crackles here and there but plays well). A great collection that includes some Zappa material. $17

Return to Forever: Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy (Polydor, 1973). NM/NM. $11

Sun Ra & His Astro-Infinity Arkestra: Sun Embassy (Roaratorio, 2018). NM/NM. $19

Sun Ra Arkestra: 3rd September 1988 Chicago (2lp, Klondike, 2014). NM/NM. Non-gatefold, includes 2pp. (back and front) pictorial insert sheet with liner notes laid in to inner sleeve. $25

NM/NM - not sealed but only played once and all is as new. $25
  • jbail2011
    jbail2011 Posts: 102
    Pm sent since you’re about to turn the lot in for credit.
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 2.3 TL
    Polk Audio SDA 2B TL mod
    Carver M 1.0 MK2 Opt 2 x2
    Carver CT Seven Preamp
    Bluesound Node 2i
  • pglbook
    edited June 2021
    jbail2011 wrote: »
    Pm sent since you’re about to turn the lot in for credit.

PM sent
  • pglbook
    Both Jethro Tull lps and the Neil Young lp are now SOLD.
  • jbail2011
    jbail2011 Posts: 102
    Both Jethro Tull lps and the Neil Young lp are now SOLD.

Thank you
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 2.3 TL
    Polk Audio SDA 2B TL mod
    Carver M 1.0 MK2 Opt 2 x2
    Carver CT Seven Preamp
    Bluesound Node 2i
  • pglbook
    edited June 2021
    Updated list of records that are still available. And last price reductions on all records.

Ome more day to get some great music and, imho, some great buys! I will leave these for sale on here until tomorrow (June 20) at 1pm EST...at which time I will take whatever records remain to my local record store for a trade-in credit. Thanks.

Los Lobos: ...And a Time to Dance (Warner, 1983). NM/NM. $10

Mahavishnu Orchestra: Visions of the Emerald Beyond (Columbia, 1975). NM/VG+ (slight shelf wear to edges of outer cover). $10

John McLaughlin: John McLaughlin in Retrospect (2lp, Polydor, 1969, French import, gatefold). VG/VG (price sticker, "2 Disques, 1x, 46f," to upper right corner of front cover, sticker to rear cover, "Made and Printed in France", some rubbing to upper and lower spine of cover). I have not played this one in a while but believe the record plays fine, with perhaps a few crackles on a song or two. A great collection. "John McLaughlin in retrospect featuring Lifetime, Jack Bruce, John McLaughlin, Tony Williams, Larry Young." $19

Jean-Luc Ponty: Canteloupe Island (2lp, Blue Note Re-Issue Series, 1976). NM/VG (small bump/ shelf wear to upper spine of cover, record has a few crackles here and there but plays well). A great collection that includes some Zappa material. $17

Return to Forever: Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy (Polydor, 1973). NM/NM. $10

Sun Ra & His Astro-Infinity Arkestra: Sun Embassy (Roaratorio, 2018). NM/NM. $18

Sun Ra Arkestra: 3rd September 1988 Chicago (2lp, Klondike, 2014). NM/NM. Non-gatefold, includes 2pp. (back and front) pictorial insert sheet with liner notes laid in to inner sleeve. $24

• pglbook
    I traded most of the remaining lps for a credit at my local record store a few days ago but I kept the following records as they are too good and not so common so I figured I would keep them in my collection unless someone on the Polk Forum wants to buy them. The following 4 records are the only ones now remaining for sale. Thanks.

John McLaughlin: John McLaughlin in Retrospect (2lp, Polydor, 1969, French import, gatefold). VG/VG (price sticker, "2 Disques, 1x, 46f," to upper right corner of front cover, sticker to rear cover, "Made and Printed in France", some rubbing to upper and lower spine of cover). I have not played this one in a while but believe the record plays fine, with perhaps a few crackles on a song or two. A great collection. "John McLaughlin in retrospect featuring Lifetime, Jack Bruce, John McLaughlin, Tony Williams, Larry Young." $19

Sun Ra & His Astro-Infinity Arkestra: Sun Embassy (Roaratorio, 2018). NM/NM. $18

Sun Ra Arkestra: 3rd September 1988 Chicago (2lp, Klondike, 2014). NM/NM. Non-gatefold, includes 2pp. (back and front) pictorial insert sheet with liner notes. $24

Share on Twitter
    Share on Facebook