🎥 Amazon Buys MGM Film Studio 🎥

2»

Comments

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    edited May 2021
    invalid wrote: »
    Standard oil had a smaller market share in oil than Amazon has in book sales and they were broken up into 34 companies.
    Irrelevant and incorrect.

Standard Oil was broken up in 1911. They controlled both 91% of production, and almost 90% of distribution, and final sales. It would be as if Amazon was not only making the products it sold, but also owned UPS and FedEx as well as Walmart.

The “smaller” entities created from Standard Oil include Chevron, and Exxon Mobil.

There are multiple reasons why these markets have no comparison whatsoever. Please stop politicizing the topic. 🙄
    Alea jacta est!
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,270
    Standard oil only had a 64% market share in 1911 before the breakup. They also made the price to the consumer less expensive. You keep bringing up polarizing topics.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    That's what he does, along with the passive/aggressive BS equals trolling.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Disagreement with someone's opinion, or in this case facts (and I don't know the actual figures behind Standard Oil) does not always equal "polarizing" or "trolling" because you disagree with them.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    BlueFox wrote: »
    As long as the cost of Amazon Prime doesn't increase I have no issues with this purchase. I watch very little TV or movies now it shouldn't affect me.

Keep saying that it doesn't affect you... one day it will and who will be left standing to protect your rights after you turned a blind eye?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • invalid
    edited May 2021
    Keep saying that it doesn't affect you... one day it will and who will be left standing to protect your rights after you turned a blind eye?

That's right, if these big tech companies keep buying everything you will only get what they want you to.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    There's lots of options. Most people have gotten too lazy to explore them.
    So Google and Amazon are the winners for now. That hopefully will change.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    When it comes to streaming, content is important. This deal improves Amazon’s catalogue for less than they spend in a year of production — with no guarantees those production costs will lead to a successful product.

Disney+ has been another success that took many by surprise, also based on the strength of the catalogue, and shows like The Mandalorian.

Netflix is still the king of streaming subscriptions, but Amazon is the closest challenger.
    Alea jacta est!
  • invalid
    Hopefully they will fail
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    invalid wrote: »

That's right, if these big tech companies keep buying everything you will only get what they want you to.

Isn't it already like that ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's