pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    OH BOY!!!

Off to find some lunch money!!!

J/K☺️

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Very nice post...never heard that before, and my grandfather, his 4-brother went to war, and my dad was in Vietnam
    TFS
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,937
    Options
    Great post for Memorial Day!

We have two Air Force generals in the family.
    Alea jacta est!
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,004
    Options
    Thanks for the great information. Also,THANKS for those that have served,and given EVERYTHING for our country.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    Noticed a bunch of coins while flagging graves during our annual scout service project. Surprisingly, this was the first time I encountered such. Saw mostly pennies, but a few larger denominations as well. Good bless those who served and those who gave all.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,079
    Options
    When I was a kid, I would plunder through the drawers of my grandmother's old sewing machine. It was a manually operated Singer with a foot petal.

In the small middle drawer, there was a white silk woman's handkerchief with two silver dimes knotted up. The dimes had been used on the eyes of a relative at the at the funeral home - her uncle Ott.

Lots of strange thoughts about those dimes.

"Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA