Ford F-150 Lightning Reveal

Options

Comments

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,937
    Options
    Doesn’t look even close to 40% from coal.

6o6v23ajcgaf.png
    Alea jacta est!
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Sorry Jesse, I don’t take a world view. We aren’t some developing country as we are way past that.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,278
    Options
    Sorry Jesse, I don’t take a world view. We aren’t some developing country as we are way past that.

We are on are way down
  • Kex
    Options
    ⬆️ Spelling is definitely not improving! 😂
    Alea jacta est!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options

We are fast becoming Venezuela...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options

We are fast becoming Venezuela...

But they have hot women ...I feel we're going green with the big girls

wstepmwetczq.png
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • invalid
    Options
    Spelling is definitely not improving! 😂

It was actually grammar, not spelling that was in error, should have read our.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options

Let me repeat, 60% of electric power generated in the US is from fossil fuels, 20% nuclear with ONLY 20% from renewable sources. Read that until it sinks in. The green idea is a joke on the woke.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• motorhead43026
    edited May 2021
    Options
    ^^ I am discussing your coal fired meme. I am still on the subject of coal. Not the world view of coal as you suggested but coal in US.

Post edited by motorhead43026 on
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,271
    Options
    So Motor your battery solution is to toss them into landfills ?

Oh I know you were being facetious which is French for "Avoiding the fact or issue" which is ....what do we do with the batteries ?

Maybe we could ship them to the Uyghurs.
    Out of sight,. Out of mind ?

You took that seriously? Can’t help you if you did.

Uhm.."I know you were being facetious..."..

....Reading comprehension is a good thing. 🤡
    Sal Palooza
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    edited May 2021
    Options
    ^^ I am discussing your coal fired meme. I am still on the subject of coal. Not the world view of coal as you suggested but coal in US.

Good lord Craig, tell ya what I'll ask the artist to include all the other fossil fuels in their next meme since the point buzzed your tower.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mrbigbluelight
    Options
    A Panasonic and GM partnership have a no cobalt design coming on line soon. That will eliminate one of the nasties eventually.

Well I'm glad that we non-conformists, by coñtinually raising very legitimate concerns over cobalt mining and slave labor, have forced corporations to seriously explore alternatives.
    🤯
    Sal Palooza
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Jesse, get out of you coffin more, coal is all but dead in the US.

One needs to have a world view.
    Coal generates nearly 40% of the world's electricity, close to its highest share in decades. And there are now 80 countries using coal power, up from 66 in 2000. Mar 26, 2020

• mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Kex wrote: »
    No source was given, but in the US, coal production is at levels not seen since the 1960’s and it’s in steady decline. In fact, production was higher in 1920 than it is now.

gn7krswfuih4.png

Probably because there were no nuclear reactors, solar panels, wind turbines, or hydroelectric back in 1920.
    Sal Palooza
  • Kex
    Options
    It doesn’t matter what the source of power is.

IF “clean energy” is the ultimate goal, it’s still cleaner to run an EV on power produced from natural gas or even oil, rather than a gasoline powered vehicle. There are far more possibilities for scrubbing the output from a single power station than there are for cleaning up the emissions from millions of gasoline or diesel engines.

However, the F150 lighting is attractive as a vehicle per se, regardless of any environmental concerns involved. It is faster and more capable (10K towing ability, 2K load in the bed, 14.1 ft³ trunk) than the vast majority of ICE powered vehicles in the $40-50K price range.
    Alea jacta est!
  • invalid
    Options
    I wonder how far it would go with a 10k trailer in tow on a sub zero day in northern Michigan.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    invalid wrote: »
    I wonder how far it would go with a 10k trailer in tow on a sub zero day in northern Michigan.

LOL. Who cares? Most pickups haul groceries. If that. Personally, I wish gas would go to $10 a gallon, and then put these POS vehicles in the junk yard.

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    I wish that pot would go up to $50 a gram.
    Mainly because it wouldn't affect me and isn't that is what is important ?
    Sal Palooza
  • nooshinjohn
    Options

Why stop at 50? let's tax the crap out of it and make it $200...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 602
    Options

Or you can grow your own hippie lettuce and avoid those pesky taxes. Try making your own gas...
  • nooshinjohn
    edited May 2021
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »

Or you can grow your own hippie lettuce and avoid those pesky taxes. Try making your own gas...

Taco Bell... They can also make growing your own illegal.

• invalid
    Options
    Who cares? Most pickups haul groceries. If that. Personally, I wish gas would go to $10 a gallon, and then put these POS vehicles in the junk yard.

Be careful what you wish for, most other products will go up in price if we cut fuel production. Too many products are made from oil.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options

Let's face it, as green goes. the U.S, talks a good story, but fails at epic levels.
    Look at the bottled water craze. Or disposable diapers. When we swapped from glass to
    plastic for soda. And now instead of coffee we all drink red bull.
    And house sizes have increased to epic sizes. Add to that fact they don't sell a car
    without leather, power everything, a sun roof, lane assist and a 100 other toys.
    My 1st car cost $100 and had two options. 2 speed auto and an AM radio.
    No power anything. Perfect for a 16 year old. Now they drive a 4 year old Lexus.
    You want to be green? You can have a lot more impact doing little stuff.

"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    The bottled water is crazy!! It's all I see out in the sticks, empty plastic water bottles everywhere.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Reminds me after Hurricane Katrina, Galveston was getting some great waves on the beach. Made the wife and I wonder what was washing on shore. Of course anything of value or weight just sinks as it's washed offshore, but man all the plastic bottles, shower shoes and flip flops that washed up from Lousianna was crazy.

I don't understand why people can't dispose of there water bottles properly. I save my lids when I open them. When I'm finished I collapse the bottle, put the cap back on, this keep the bottle from expanding. It stores small, and easy to drop in recycle bin, taking up very little room.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mrbigbluelight
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Rounding up for government purposes,. EVERYTHING is made of plastic.

Climate change is the BUZZ Word if the Day.
    What should be dealt with ahead of that Virtuos Signaling phrase is ENVIRINMENTAL CHANGE

The fishes (and mammals) of the oceans would really appreciate it if Tiffant and Timmy cut back a bit on their bottled waters
    I know that's a lot to ask but us swimmers injesting the plastic micro-particles kind of puts a crimp in our lower colonic regions.
    Cancers and what not donchha know.

......although that 3d eye that Nemo's been sporting lately is rather fashionable.
    Sal Palooza
  • mrbigbluelight
    edited May 2021
    Options
    My 1st car cost $100 and had two options. 2 speed auto and an AM radio.

" Slip n Slide with Powerglide "😇

Actually was a rather robust tranny.
    ...uhm ...nevermind...😗
    Sal Palooza
  • motorhead43026
    edited May 2021
    Options
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/01/kenya-plastic-oil-industry-lobbies-us

This article is a few months old but negations I heard this morning are ongoing and in order for the US to come to a final bilateral trade agreement, Kenya must once again allow us to dump our plastic trash there.

Here, choke on this or no deal.

Your friends the USA

• smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,460
    Options
    Boy are we off to the races on this one! I can't tell who's in first place though...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Off to the races....always happens when agenda junk is thrown in. Doesn't mean we can't have a civil conversation though.

What many get wrong about the naysayers is,

We really don't care if you buy one or not, drive what suits your needs. However, don't try telling everyone your doing your part to save the planet in some form, because your not. What gets our goat is that taxpayer money is being used to subsidize these things, while on the other hand, fossil fuels are being made artificially more expensive. This is called social engineering, to force you into decisions the powers at be want you to make. Instead of letting the free market sort it out. If you value freedom, you would want markets to remain free, instead of having government pick winners and losers for you.

This concept is alien to some who were never taught it, or can't see beyond their own selfish wants.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable