pitdogg2 Posts: 24,560
    Options
    If we wanna have fun, we get out the motorcycles

And do Mad Max burnouts????
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Speaking of Tesla.....
    https://interestingengineering.com/norway-fined-tesla-16000-per-owner-slow-charging-speeds

Maybe Musk should concentrate on one endeavor at a time.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Latest news from Ford.

'Ford is doubling down on electric vehicle development, announcing Wednesday it will invest $30 billion in electrification efforts by 2025. The automaker also pledged that 40% of its vehicles sold by 2030 will be electric.'

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/26/investing/ford-electric-vehicle-investment/index.html
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Bud, remember 5-6 years or so ago when many here were calling EV’s a fad?

Good times those were.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    Options
    That's old news. Ford has been saying that for at least 3 years running, now.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,928
    Options
    Not sure what is “old” about it, but they just increased their spending forecast by $8B from $22B to $30B.

The market is definitely taking it seriously, driving shares up over 9% just today, to over $14 (including extended hours), a new 52 week high. Hasn’t been at these levels in over five years. You could have bought shares for under $9 in January this year.

4eiinp93g45a.jpeg

Alea jacta est!
  • Kex
    Options
    70,000 reservations so far seems significant, but not earth shattering. Similarly, Mustang Mach-E sales are matching current production levels, on track for 25-30K sales annually. The average time on the lot for the Mustang Mach-E is just seven days, according to Ford.
    Alea jacta est!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited May 2021
    Options
    So where do youy charge if you park on the street, or have don't park in driveway

I see a problem with HOA's and extension cords

Where does this electric vehicle stuff fit into my lifestyle

In 2015 I purchased a 3/4t GMC Denali gas...big mistake, 7 months later bought my Denali diesel at closeout price. I have 4-trailers. 14' and 8' enlosed and a 14' and 8' flat. The 14' flat I use to haul my ranger crews mostly. My enclosed trailers are for parts and material including heavy boxes of cable.

2015 gas-12 to 14mpg, w/trailer 5-6.5mpg
    2015 diesel-18 to 22mpg, w/trailer 12-14mpg

I often make 1-day turn around trips to Dallas (last thursday 586mi rnd trip) or out to any Buc-ee's like in Temple TX (400mi rnd trip, that's if I dont schedule going to New Braunfels and/or Bastrop in same trip)

Ranch west texas...385mi 1 way at least every 6 weeks Jan-September, Sept-Dec at least every other week. Always pulling one of my trailers.

Long story short, especially pulling a trailer, there is nowayinHELL I can't afford the time to wait on charging even without a trailer....with a trailer HAHAHA!!

FYI, I made that trip and back last Thursday on 1 tank of fuel, plus drove around locally the next day.
    On that 586mi run my avg speed 76mph@18.8mpg
    Post edited by txcoastal1 on
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,276
    Options
    There has to be some better technology out there than these electric vehicles. They are definitely not the answer, especially in colder climates when you haul a trailer for work. I haven't seen very many where I live.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,795
    Options
    Appears to be a lot of naive/gullible folks out there.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    Options
    I don't mind balance if it fits your budget and lifestyle. You certainly cannot put the cart in front of the horse for many applications and needs.

We certainly can't afford more tax payer subsidized programs
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    While there will always be exceptions, the average person drives less than 30 miles a day.

"This statistic shows the average number of miles driven per day in the United States per driver between 2001 and 2017. On average, American drivers today are moving their vehicles considerably less than they were sixteen years ago, but they still totaled an average of 25.9 miles per day and per driver in 2017. "

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1007157/us-daily-miles-per-driver/
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Kex
    Options
    Absolutely, Bud.

This vehicle will not be ideal for everyone’s needs, including mine.

My wife just left today towing a three horse gooseneck trailer with tack room and living quarters. The destination is almost 400 miles away, so the F150 Lightning does not have the capabilities required.

For most people, the Lightning would be more than adequate. It’s an F150, so comparing it to those who need an F250 or 350 is meaningless. They are not the target market.
    Alea jacta est!
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Kex wrote: »
    They are not the target market.

The problem is how long till they force you to go electric even if the shoe doesn't fit.
    And if they still have a shoe that fits, how much will it cost.

The big 3 also produced nice Eco Diesel reach 24-32mpg in the 1/2 on class, where do they go from there

• Kex
    Options
    Volkswagen killed diesel forever, even in Europe where 50% of new sales were diesel.

For heavy duty, it’s possible that other solutions will be found, like hydrogen fuel cell, but currently, that technology has very little appeal in vehicles such as the Toyota Mirai or Honda Clarity.
    Alea jacta est!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,095
    Options
    I will wait for the Nissan Nuke.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,095
    Options
    qrp710clknqh.png
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,460
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Appears to be a lot of naive/gullible folks out there.

There's a sucker born every minute...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • Kex
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Not that long ago, a vehicle that could achieve 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds for the average cost of a new vehicle in the U.S. was unthinkable. Now, you can not only have that, but it can also be a variant of the most popular vehicle for the last four decades, tow up to 10K lbs, and carry up to 2K lbs in the bed, with a trunk in the front that is bigger than the trunk of many mid-size family sedans. That is an incredible achievement by any metric. 🤷‍♂️

The F150 Lightning is not only similar in price, before incentives, to the base Tesla Model 3, but it has similar range and better performance, and arguably, with a far superior interior (the Model 3 is quite spartan compared to most vehicles). Not only that, but it already steals the thunder (pun intended) of the Tesla Cybertruck base model at $40K, as well as the intermediate model for $50K, matching both in terms of pricing and performance.

This may not be a vehicle that answers everyone’s personal needs, but it would not be surprising if it were very successful.
    Alea jacta est!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,795
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,557
    Options
    I don't hate the idea. But a bunch of people do need more out of a truck
    Than a commuter vehicle. At some point someone needs a better
    Idea. The truck market just isn't the best fit for electric.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • motorhead43026
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Considering that 65 percent of current truck owners just use their trucks for basic transportation, electric is an ideal option for that segment of the truck market.

Post edited by motorhead43026 on
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• Jstas
    Options
    Kex wrote: »
    Not sure what is “old” about it, but they just increased their spending forecast by $8B from $22B to $30B.

Ford has been saying since 2015, at least, that they were going to be meeting a 40% of all vehicles they sell being electric by a certain date. It's been pushed back a few times. Was originally 2022 then it was 2023 and now it's 2025.

The problem with this is that Ford needs to find between 750,000 and 1,000,000 people who are willing to buy a Ford electric vehicle each year from now until 2025.

Good luck with that.

• motorhead43026
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Just heard a commercial for, test drive electric @ your Audi dealer now.

Remember, it’s just a fad and what are we going to do with all these batteries? Don’t forget all the little kiddies digging cobalt that we are suddenly concerned about their human rights.

• invalid
    invalid Posts: 1,276
    Options
    Trucks have gone up in popularity every year for the last 5 or more years. People must be buying them for a reason other than just basic transportation. The average truck owner might only use the towing once in a while, but it's nice to have when you need it.
  • Jstas
    Options

Remember, it’s just a fad. And what are we going to do with all these batteries?

Alright, then, what are we doing with spent batteries?

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,037
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    That's old news. Ford has been saying that for at least 3 years running, now.

"Ford. Bringing you yesterday's products, tomorrow."
    ;)
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,037
    Options
    you know, as I refect on this thread and its subject matter: this resurgence of interest in electric vehicles (which were all the rage ca. the year 1900, I might add) just might be the business opportunity that Radio Shack's current owners have been looking for...

td5ag3xlxf14.png

:#

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options

Remember, it’s just a fad. And what are we going to do with all these batteries?

Ssshhh....your not suppose to talk about the down sides.

Fad ?? Yeah, it is...but don't let that stop you from buying one if it suits you. Keeps the wheels of the economy turning ya know. Why,if everyone bought an electric vehicle, the CO2 emissions my be reduced by .1%, thus saving us from total annihilation.

....and those kids in slave labor, never bothered anyone before, why should it now.....as you drive your EV to church, right ? But....but, but nothing.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • motorhead43026
    edited May 2021
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »

Ssshhh....your not suppose to talk about the down sides.

Fad ?? Yeah, it is...but don't let that stop you from buying one if it suits you. Keeps the wheels of the economy turning ya know. Why,if everyone bought an electric vehicle, the CO2 emissions my be reduced by .1%, thus saving us from total annihilation.

....and those kids in slave labor, never bothered anyone before, why should it now.....as you drive your EV to church, right ? But....but, but nothing.

Ahhh, even TonyB mentions human rights now and even throws a religious slant in there to make you feel guilty. You should have just left it at nothing.

Hey, KY has over 1M acres of unusable land due to strip and mountaintop mining. Lots of giant craters we can toss those batteries into.
    I guess there are no downsides to extracting hydrocarbons.

Got black lung?