PSW10 Power

Options
I have this sub powered through a separate power strip. Even though I leave the toggle switch on (middle), whenever I turn the power strip on I still have to switch on sub in order for the light to get green. A bit annoying, but that's not actually the issue.

I already set this sub up through my Pioneer's automatic MCACC process, so I know its working. Like I said, I prefer to keep the power switch in the on (middle) position. However, I've noticed that after using my surround system for a while the green light turns red. My guess is after about 15 minutes. I assume that means the power is off. Anybody know what this means?

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    it means it is not seeing a signal so it shuts off. Many many problems with this and other Polk subs. Google is your friend.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I have this sub powered through a separate power strip. Even though I leave the toggle switch on (middle), whenever I turn the power strip on I still have to switch on sub in order for the light to get green.

The middle position of the power switch on the sub is the AUTO on option. If the sub does not receive a low frequency signal to wake it up it will not come on. Also, you do not have to turn the power strip off when the sub is not in use. In fact, don't use a crappy power strip at all. Plug the sub into the wall outlet.
    However, I've noticed that after using my surround system for a while the green light turns red. My guess is after about 15 minutes. I assume that means the power is off.

Your sub is not receiving a signal from your AVR. How do you have the sub connected to the AVR?

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk