Gauging Interest on Two Pairs of Polk Rti70 Tower Speakers (4 total)

Options
Hey Y’all...

I’m going to be switching up my living room setup, and when I do I will have 4 Polk Rti70 that I need to find a new home for. I have 2 sets (4 individual speakers) of RTi70s in excellent condition. I have the grilles for all 4, although when one of my kitties was a baby she liked to scratch at one set of them, so two would need new cloth. The grille cloth isn’t torn, it’s just picked at and not new looking. All of the drivers work perfectly, and they sound great! I’ve had them for about 11 years I think, they were my bedroom speakers at first, and then I moved them to the living room. Yes, I’ve been using them as matched fronts and rears in a 5.1 setup, and like I said, they sound really good! I’m not sure what Polk called the color, but it’s not that weird light oak color, it’s more like an espresso color, and they have real wood veneers so they look quite nice, especially if you have other furniture in a similar color.

I’d prefer not to ship for obvious reasons, but I’ll do my best to accommodate my fellow Polkies! If we do need to resort to shipping, I’ll pack them to survive doomsday, but I’d feel more comfortable shipping to a long time member or members in good standing. Despite this ridiculous new moniker of mine (hopefully it’s only temporary), I’ve been a Polk forum member for 15 years, so I know all of the “vets” here, and I just want to insure a nice, easy, drama free transaction. This isn’t meant to snub any newbies, and it’s just a preference; if you’re willing to assume the risk, I’ll be happy to sell them to you, just don’t have a meltdown if the UPS driver decides to take his big brown truck 4 wheeling off the side of the Grand Canyon, that’s all!

I’ll take some pics for you later today, but they’re pretty minty overall. I know one speaker does have a small crack on one back corner at the top, it’s purely cosmetic though, and that’s the only flaw that I know of. These are part of the “i” (improved) series, and so they have the dark blue woofers. Off the top of my head I think the frequency range is something along the lines of 28hz to 24khz but I’ll look it up and post full specs later. These have a soft dome tweeter, not the tri-lam, and I’ve found them to be a bit easier on the ears for extended listening. That said, they still pair well with a center that has the tri-lam tweeter, I have a CS400i that sounds great with them, and I’ve even paired them with a Martin Logan center and that sounded awesome, even with the ribbon tweeter!

I’m probably going to be getting these new speakers in about 2 weeks (paradigms if you’re curious), so I’d like to arrange to have these gone around the same time if possible. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask here so everyone can see the answers to hopefully avoid having to answer the same questions over and over. If you need to PM me that’s fine too, especially for $ related things, I’ll try to check my inbox a couple times a day.

I hope everyone is well, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Post edited by Sorry_Access_Denied on

Comments

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,591
    Options
    You need one hundred posts to sell on this forum.
    Hang out . Contribute and maybe you will learn a lot like I did.
    Welcome to Club Polk.
    Love yours. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Sorry_Access_Denied
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Hi Dabutcher, I’m messiah, and I’ve been a member here since 2007. Since Polk did this forum downgrade, I can’t login, when I try to it says “sorry access denied”, which is why I have this stupid new name. I’ve tried changing my PW for my messiah account, and I can change it, but I can’t login with it no matter what I do, an admin is going to need to fix it I think.

I appreciate your concern regarding new people posting sales ads, but like I said, I’ve been a member here for 15 years, and I have a few thousand posts, so there’s nothing to worry about, thanks for the welcome though! You wouldn’t happen to be interested in my speakers would you?
  • Sorry_Access_Denied
    edited March 2021
    Options
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    Any for sale posting must be accompanied by a price
  • dromunds
    Options
    Not trying to be difficult, as I know there have been “gauging interest” threads, not sure if they are in a For Sale thread, just reciting the rule from the For Sale forum above. And a price would be helpful anyway
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,972
    Options
    Come on messiah, ya know you have to post a price!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • familyguypolk
    Options
    I have a SRT setup for sale. Five speakers. Two bass speakers. Two upper speakers. Center speaker. Two controls modules. Two remotes. Two trapper keepers with instructions on how to hook them up. Warranty cards. Replaced 2 drivers and a tweeter on the center speaker. Two bass drivers on one speaker . I just joined the forum and don’t know how to post this. Live in Miami.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,792
    Options
    Well, first you have to read the rules were you will see that 100 posts are required before you can sell anything here.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Hi Dabutcher, I’m messiah, and I’ve been a member here since 2007. Since Polk did this forum downgrade, I can’t login, when I try to it says “sorry access denied”, which is why I have this stupid new name.

I had that issue, but I just resubmitted the login page (which is now blank), and I was logged in.

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Sorry_Access_Denied
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Well, first you have to read the rules were you will see that 100 posts are required before you can sell anything here.

Dude, read the post, it’s me, messiah...I have like 7000 posts lol. I just can’t login to this ugly new forum.
  • Sorry_Access_Denied
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Hi Dabutcher, I’m messiah, and I’ve been a member here since 2007. Since Polk did this forum downgrade, I can’t login, when I try to it says “sorry access denied”, which is why I have this stupid new name.

I had that issue, but I just resubmitted the login page (which is now blank), and I was logged in.

I tried, like 50 times, it didn’t work, or I wouldn’t have bothered creating a new acct. Thanks though.
  • dromunds
    Options

Dude, read the post, it’s me, messiah...I have like 7000 posts lol. I just can’t login to this ugly new forum.

I think F1Nut was referring to familyguypolk’s post
  • Sorry_Access_Denied
    Options
    Ok so I guess I need to post a price. I guess I’ll ask $150 a pair, or $300 for all 4. I’m not sure what they’re “worth” these days, but for that price you really can’t go wrong. Anyone local is welcome to stop by and check them out too. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask!
  • Sorry_Access_Denied
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »

I think F1Nut was referring to familyguypolk’s post

Ah, I see, thanks for clearing that up! As much as I love seeing a SRT post, I kind of wish it wasn’t in my thread, you know?

• Sorry_Access_Denied
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    Not trying to be difficult, as I know there have been “gauging interest” threads, not sure if they are in a For Sale thread, just reciting the rule from the For Sale forum above. And a price would be helpful anyway

No worries buddy, I get it. I posted a price so we should be all good. $300 for all 4, $150/pair, $75 each, $25 per driver or $1.61 per pound lol.

So I took a guess at the frequency response yesterday and I was close, it’s 28hz-27000hz, I short changed them on the top end by 3khz lol. I’ll take some pics when I have some daylight to work with, and if I get any responses showing interest I’ll post them up then.
  • Sorry_Access_Denied
    Options
    I posted a new listing for these which is “pending approval”, so hopefully it will be up soon
  • Sorry_Access_Denied
    Options
    I’m asking $125 for one pair, $100 for the other, or $175 for all 4