Starlink - A Very Bad Idea

audioluvr
audioluvr Posts: 5,420
edited May 2021 in The Clubhouse
Elon Musks Starlink, that I just discovered today, is going to open the floodgates to the greatest travisty in human history IMHO. Anyone who has ever enjoyed stargazing will soon have to enjoy 30,000 to 60,000 satellites whizzing around overhead instead. Maybe that's why he needs us to populate Mars. Starlink will make it much more difficult for observatories to locate ELE asteroids.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/spacexs-dark-satellites-are-still-too-bright-for-astronomers/

Gustard X26 Pro DAC
Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    Just think of the traffic jam or playing chicken with all those while trying to get to the moon and back.
    17,500mph game of chicken..
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited May 2021
    WTH do we need 30,000 to 60,000 satellites for!?!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• audioluvr
    edited May 2021
    Then there's the possibility of competitors wanting to do the same to stay... well, competitive.
    Post edited by audioluvr on
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • audioluvr
    This is what I saw this morning. I love the 3rd comment where the guy says "Someday our kids will say, “remember when there wasn’t a bunch of ship in the sky?”"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgysWWwESfU
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    China with will be launching more space garbage soon. They will build and provide cheaper making our space garabage ulta trash
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    That would drive me insane. Why aren't they evenly spaced??? THEY HAVE TO BE EVENLY SPACED!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    audioluvr wrote: »
    This is what I saw this morning. I love the 3rd comment where the guy says "Someday our kids will say, “remember when there wasn’t a bunch of ship in the sky?”"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgysWWwESfU

That's seriously f'd up!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    Hermitism wrote: »
    That would drive me insane. Why aren't they evenly spaced??? THEY HAVE TO BE EVENLY SPACED!

They were but aliens ate a couple...
  • audioluvr
    edited May 2021
    Approved by the FCC. Really? So any idiot with a billion dollars can apply and get approval for 30,000 space junk objects to be placed in orbit. Awesome.

Edit: No offense to the billionaires on this forum...

Post edited by audioluvr on
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Time to save your money for one of these

vi4gewwwb398.gif
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Hermitism wrote: »

They were but aliens ate a couple...
    Alien Pacmen say Waka Waka
    I disabled signatures.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    edited May 2021
    I've seen them once. Was shortly after sunset. Space X has already addressed the sunlight reflection. In later sats. I think they only way they are viewed like the video above is just prior to sunrise and just after sunset.

I think it was last year we (Kennedy Space Center, I live near by) had 3 launches in 1 week.

I've looked at what starlink is offering, not that impressive price to performance, unless you live in BFE and have no other choice for internet.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    I was thinking of vacationing in BFE.
    Good to know that I'll be able to still log into P from there. :)
    Sal Palooza
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,961
    Apparently we live in BFE and our dsl speeds are turtle like. Neighbor got this system but has yet to install. While I would love to have faster speeds it seems a lot of upfront $$(and not exactly cheap thereafter) and you have to install yourself.

I also have a problem with the proposed 40,000+ things they want to orbit. Isn't there enough junk up there already? Keep looking up Saturday!
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    they dont talk much about the lasers built into each one ;)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Then there's the possibility of competitors wanting to do the same to stay... well, competitive.

I dunno...my first question would be....why so many sats for communication ? We have some now doing fine. Which leads up to the second question, are we sure all those sats are just for communications/entertainment/internet ? Third question...would they even tell you if they weren't ?

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    edited May 2021
    Maybe its a Planetary Defense System like the ARC-NET in Men in Black. :D

yiorrxfybbxa.jpg
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    CH46E wrote: »
    Maybe its a Planetary Defense System like the ARC-NET in Men in Black. :D

yiorrxfybbxa.jpg

oh its way beyond that......lol
  • audioluvr
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021

None taken.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033

Wait... we're not All billionaires on this forum? When did they start letting all these low-life's in here?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2