So, now threads just disappear?

Options
At one time you would see it is closed, but now poof?
Yep, my name really is Bob.
Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,578
    Options
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,186
    Options
    It is wrong to remove a thread that served a valuable purpose. People need to debate topics respectfully though.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 602
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Talk to Kex.

Is he the new moderator?
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,460
    Options
    That thread went way sideways and from all sides. When it stopped being about personal updates and started delving into perspectives and stats, it was all downhill from there. Like moths to the flame.
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Talk to Kex.

Is he the new moderator?

speaking of moths.....
  • msg
    Options
    I predict the thread will disappear as well.
    I disabled signatures.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    It disappeared because of the usual suspects who caused at least three other Covid threads to be closed.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2021
    Options
    This isn't a new rule, it just hasn't been enforced consistently because of our gap in moderation. We have new moderators, so expect more instances like this if people are not playing nice: ifthreads get disrespectful past the point of heated, people are abusive with each other, and we receive complaints, the threads are likely to get deleted, especially if the behavior continues after a warning.

From the New Rule post from May 2020:

"It seems like some of you need a refresher on the rules. I'm not saying I will close or delete all non-audio related threads. Just threads that will obviously get political. Ex: COVID, Minneapolis Riots, Upcoming Election, or anything of the sort."

The rules of the forum call out Covid as an example in particular where this is likely to happen. I'm pretty sure that the thread being vague-posted about here was one of the Covid threads that were deleted because of abuse.

Also, please note, calling out a specific user like was Kex done above, is baiting, and also against our forum policies.

Thanks for your understanding. We want the Polk Forum to be a welcoming, friendly place...disagreements are welcome, but they need to be respectful.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    Thanks Carl, and the new moderators. :)
  • la2vegas
    Options

Also, please note, calling out a specific user like was Kex done above, is baiting, and also against our forum policies.

Is this clear enough for the moth?
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,877
    Options
    COVID = Count On Various Individuals Derailing our threads
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options

Oh, the irony!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• la2vegas
    Options
    The posse to the rescue, how predictable.

Birds of a feather...
  • pitdogg2
    edited April 2021
    Options

Birds of a feather...

epqhf3zn1g6j.png
  • la2vegas
    Options

Birds of a feather...

epqhf3zn1g6j.png

Hardly, but nice try.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,205
    Options

Birds of a feather...

epqhf3zn1g6j.png

Hardy, but nice try.

Fixed that for you.

See what I did there? Tom Hardy!
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    Too bad Polk's customer service complaints don't get the same attention as something being said in a non audio discussion :*
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2021
    Options
    That "like" was careless of me. Thanks for pointing it out, I honestly thought that was a signature, not baiting.

Everyone dealing with the forum on the Polk side now is new here. We're trying to keep things civil and we're still figuring out who is who. Who is truly helpful, who is an instigator, etc. We're walking in cold, we don't have the historical perspective on the relationships here. Both sides point fingers at each other, so it's tough to gauge and we might make mistakes.

The important thing to know is we care about Polk and we care about our customers. Things will get better, so please bear with us.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    edited April 2021
    Options
    One mistake was kicking Afterburnt to the curb for a post that was several years old...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • la2vegas
    Options
    He, like other members of The Posse should have been shown the door years ago.
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,759
    Options
    Maybe the thread is still there and your screen contrast is not adjusted..... B)
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,521
    Options
    You'll get no trouble outta me.
    Cicci, the door.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options

Weren't you in time out a few months ago...asking for a friend?
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,163
    Options

Funny thing is posse wannabe is you’ve been shown the door several times but your too thick to get it! Think about it cupcake !
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • msg
    Options
    Hermitism wrote: »
    epqhf3zn1g6j.png
    Hardy, but nice try.
    Fixed that for you.
    Did you guys know that Tom Hardy is Mark Hardy's son?
    I disabled signatures.
  • la2vegas
    Options
    SIHAB wrote: »
    You'll get no trouble outta me.
    Cicci, the door.

Mike! You don't come to Las Vegas and talk to a man like Moe Greene like that!
  • la2vegas
    edited April 2021
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Weren't you in time out a few months ago...asking for a friend?

Heck, even the self proclaimed club president has been in time out himself. So what does that prove.
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,163
    Options
    Rick88 wrote: »
    Some of you guys kill me. Despite being warned reminded of rules you already knew, the baiting and personal attacks continue. Personally I hope some examples are set, and soon.

amzazkdw56ne.jpg

Listening to the Police too much there Rick😂
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,437
    Options
    My soundbar isn't working. Can someone help me? It's the braille version.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • pitdogg2
    edited April 2021
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Hermitism wrote: »
    epqhf3zn1g6j.png
    Hardy, but nice try.
    Fixed that for you.
    Did you guys know that Tom Hardy is Mark Hardy's son?

Didn't they have a show when we were kids? One of them had a girlfriend....Nancy Drew?