Heart Myxoma

Options
2»

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Great news Phil. I think you should celebrate with a new toy.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,606
    Options
    I think he's got the new KEF KC62 waiting for him.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,000
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    So, ya home yet, Phil, or what?

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the warm well wishes! 👍🤕

Just got home around 1:00. Have to take it easy for quite a while. Not that I wouldn't...sore as hell. No sex for 4-6 weeks is the biggest bummer. 😬 They said there is very little chance of a myxoma growing back. That's some good news though. They went in from the right side to access the heart & remove it.

I might just have to pickup the new KEF KC62 sub to play around with during my down time! 😃😎🤞
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,606
    Options
    So lucky that they didn't have to crack your chest/sternum to get at it.
  • pearsall001
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    So lucky that they didn't have to crack your chest/sternum to get at it.

True that but they still did a number on my right side. But I ain't complaining.
    The weirdest thing though that I wasn't expecting was the crazy pain that radiated around to the back after inserting the twin drainage tubes in my chest. And of course full recovery is laying on your back. They said there really isn't any other way to eleviate that discomfort. It's all good, things are looking up!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,059
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing about as well as could be expected from such a procedure. Glad to hear everything went well and that you are on the road to recovery.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,549
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Beat wishes to ya Phil! I just started down my own cardiovascular journey. I have a long family issue with ❤. Had a CT Angio today. That .8 Nitroglycerin and what felt like fire, contrast really messed me up today!

• pearsall001
    Options
    CH46E wrote: »
    Beat wishes to ya Phil! I just started down my own cardiovascular journey. I have a long family issue with ❤. Had a CT Angio today. That .8 Nitroglycerin and what felt like fire, contrast really messed me up today!

I hear ya! That test can be a real doozie. It feels like you're on fire working it's way from head to toe. Luckily it passes rather quickly though. Get as many tests as you can that can wind up being life saurez. Especially stuff you never knew you had. Just keep at it. !
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Phil - SO glad to hear you're home and on the mend! Keep up the quick recovery and stay well my friend!
  • pearsall001
    Options
    scubalab wrote: »
    Phil - SO glad to hear you're home and on the mend! Keep up the quick recovery and stay well my friend!

Hey Al,

Thanks for the warm wishes. Taking 'er easy & doing what the Doc's tell me.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,972
    Options
    Great news indeed. I hope you are being a better patient than I would be. My wife is dreading the probable knee replacement for me this year. I have already apologized profusely for what a PITA I'm gonna be.

In the long run you are a lucky man to have caught this when they did. Rock on!
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • pearsall001
    Options
    muncybob wrote: »
    Great news indeed. I hope you are being a better patient than I would be. My wife is dreading the probable knee replacement for me this year. I have already apologized profusely for what a PITA I'm gonna be.

In the long run you are a lucky man to have caught this when they did. Rock on!

Ah man not to worry!

I had my right knee replaced back in 2003 & yes recovery was painful. You just have to work thru it, it's well worth it. Now bear in mind techniques have drastically changed over the last 18 years. I'm sure things are a bit easier today. You'll be fine! 🤠
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,972
    Options
    You are evidence that things have changed over the last 18+ years for sure! I had a meniscus removed nearly 50 years ago, spent the better part of that summer in a full leg half cast and have a 6" scar even today. Now, you have some tiny hole scars and may even be able to have it repaired! Knee replacement was unheard of then. Amazing how far things have come.

Wish you a full and speedy recovery, maybe you'll feel even better than before when it's all said & done!
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.