FS: Wyred 4 Sound STI-500 Integrated Amplifier

billbillw
billbillw Posts: 6,163
edited April 2021 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I've decided to go ahead sell this lovely Class-D integrated amp after getting my LSA amp back from repair. I bought this last year to fill in while I was waiting to get the big amp back. It really did a great job powering my 4-ohm SS-M9 and the amp is very dynamic and detailed. Made in USA build quality. Lots of great reviews out there. This is the V1 version, but according to EJ Saramento (Wyred founder), this particular one was made in 2015, so it is one of the last before the switch to the V2 version (which is less powerful into 4ohms). It has the latest version of the B&O Ice Power 500ASP modules, which have proven to be very reliable.

So, I'm asking $725+shipping for this STI-500. This originally sold for around $2000. The price for the V2 is around $1300 on clearance if I recall. This is a very capable balanced integrated amp with 250wpc into 8ohms and 550wpc into 4ohms. It never broke a sweat with my SS-M9. The preamp section includes a restive ladder control that has many fine steps. It also has balance control, phase inversion and HT-bypass which can be assigned to any of the inputs. All the input names can be programmed as well. I purchased a brand new remote when i got it because the old one is kind of grungy and one of the buttons falls off. Includes original double box packaging (plus a generic 3rd outer box for shipping), manual, power cord, two remotes, and 12v trigger wire. It will weigh about 28lbs ready for shipping and it will be United Parcel Smashers bomb proofed. (I prefer FedEx Ground myself). Local sales (Atlanta Metro) welcome too and I would be glad to audition it. I'll leave it here for Polkies through the weekend. If no interest, I'll put it on USaudiomart next week for a slightly higher price.

Cosmetically, I don't see any flaws. Operationally, it was perfect during my use.
Outside photos taken today (inside photos taken a few months ago):

(Note: full size photo can be viewed if you right click and "view image")

o35h04q0l47c.jpg

xo8e7cg8vx5f.jpg

63huc68xzpif.jpg

qnjzjdgyyc8t.jpg

29pizq5v9kjv.jpg

gh3gmoexrauc.jpg

uw03255b98po.jpg

1d831vp25ayk.jpg

For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
Post edited by billbillw on

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Man bill that is a cool looking amp. Great reviews to! Price seems like a no brained. GLWS!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • billbillw
    Thanks! BTW, I noticed a little discoloration around the left side of the left front black anodized piece. I thought the anodize might be worn thru, but it was just some dust embedded into the brushed finish. It came off after a little wiping with a clean towel. Now it looks perfectly black, even with the rest of the finish.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    The W4S fan in me wants this but I have their preamp, dac, and mono's. this is a great price as well, the guys at W4S are great to deal with..
  • billbillw
    I took a new photo of the left side after cleaning it up.
    x08zbtygc4r1.jpg
  • billbillw
    SOLD on the Bay.