Might be it for Tiger

Comments

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    Joey_V wrote: »
    I can picture his right foot hard against the brakes... axial force to the foot, destroyed the foot causing lisfranc fracture and extruded talus, then snapped the fibula in Atleast 5 parts, tibia compresses, cracked through skin on medial leg... geeeeeeez....

I never seen that many fractures in the leg in my 13 years as a doc. Wow!!!
    Looks like the doc was right, except it was the accelerator... 😱
    law enforcement said that data recordings from the car show that Woods did not brake prior to the accident but did press on the accelerator at a "99 percent" rate. Lomita Captain James Powers said investigators believe Woods accidentally hit the accelerator instead of the brake
    Alea jacta est!
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Was he texting?
  • Kex
    The L.A. County Sheriff's Department did not seek a search warrant for Woods' blood samples or cell phone records, saying there was no probable cause for a criminal investigation. The department did obtain a search warrant for the data recorder of the 2021 Genesis GV80 SUV. However, the department did not forward any criminal charges to the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office.
    Alea jacta est!
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    step brother lives less than 1/2 mile from the spot, I have driven it many times and you need to pay attention and slow down... has been the site of many accidents in the past
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    machone wrote: »
    He needs to get a new driver......

Agreed, I don’t think that Taylor Made is working for him
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,491
    anyone know where he fills up?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB5ROD4CGG8
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    If you or I (aka a normal person) had been involved in this exact type of wreck, toxicology testing would have been mandatory for us to comply with. Why this was not done in this case is favoritism on it's face....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 601
    If you or I (aka a normal person) had been involved in this exact type of wreck, toxicology testing would have been mandatory for us to comply with. Why this was not done in this case is favoritism on it's face....

Ok, if you say so...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    The guy certainly knows how to self-destruct.....LOL
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    This video is going in the opposite direction up Hawthorne. The accident site is around the 31 to 32 minute mark. Looks like a nice road to go fast on. Unless distracted and in an unfamilar large SUV of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZhYs0A4pzQ
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    They gather additional evidence like toxicology or cell phone records if there is probable cause. When first responders arrived at the scene, Tiger was awake, responsive, and lucid, so they saw no reason to get toxicology tests. I think cell phone records are gathered in other types of accidents such as rear-ending someone, or perhaps head-on collisions (i.e., injuries to another party like Don mentioned) where distraction looks to be the culprit. Seeing as how this accident was due to excessive speed, and on a known problem stretch of road, I guess they didn't feel the need to do all that.

I'm sure Tiger's lawyers would have had a field day if additional evidence was attempted to be gathered without probable cause.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 601
    edited April 2021
    tonyb wrote: »
    la2vegas wrote: »

Ok, if you say so...

If he and every other normal thinking person says so. Toxicology tests are pretty normal for these types of accidents and it's not normal to by-pass them just because your a famous person. If the shoe was on the other foot, lets say instead of Woods it was Trump jr in the drivers seat. You can bet every test known to man would have been given. This is what aggravates people, when they see a 2 tiered justice system being played out .

That's right, I forgot that for some everything's political. dqoh177t8wey.jpg
    Post edited by la2vegas on
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    They got a search warrant for the black box. It seems the same probable cause would justify a warrant for a blood draw. Not only was there an injury but he applied full pressure to gas pedal instead of the brake. Perhaps the real reason the authorities immediately stated “This is just an accident” was because of the driver’s celebrity status. I thought it was very unusual how quickly and assuredly they stated it was “just an accident” before any investigation.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Good point about the 'black box'. I actually didn't even know those existed for autos until this story emerged.

I think the key point regarding 'injury' is that no other party was injured. Yes, Tiger was obviously injured, but no one else was injured who could have possibly brought forward a lawsuit. So, in the DA's eyes, no need for further evidence to be gathered.

To be clear, I'm not trying to defend Tiger, the DA, or anyone else. My initial post for this thread was really about the multiple, compound fractures Tiger incurred on his legs, and these injuries might end his career...or at least his bid for breaking any more records. The PGA Tour is sooo competitive, with so much young talent, I just don't see him winning again. Even this week at The Masters, Brooks Koepka is struggling to compete with relatively minor injuries, compared to Tiger.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,491
    I'm not on a Tiger hunt. I hope he gets the help he needs.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    40+ over the speed limit and an accident would result in a reckless driving ticket at the very least in any state that I’ve lived in. He is definitely getting preferential treatment.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I don’t think data from onboard sensors is valid for issuing tickets.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • txcoastal1
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

I’m not a lawyer, but I don’t think that applies to all states.

“In December 2015, the federal Driver Privacy Act of 2015 was enacted. It places limitations on data retrieval from EDRs and provides that information collected belongs to the owner or lessee of the vehicle.

Seventeen states--Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Washington--have enacted statutes relating to event data recorders and privacy. Among other provisions, these states provide that data collected from a motor vehicle event data recorder may only be downloaded with the consent of the vehicle owner or policyholder, with certain exceptions.”

https://www.ncsl.org/research/telecommunications-and-information-technology/privacy-of-data-from-event-data-recorders.aspx
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    If the vehicle was airborne and his foot was on both the brake and accelerator. It would rev up and could have pegged the speedo.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    My son was in a single vehicle accident where his truck rolled and he was thrown from the vehicle. He was given a citation for not wearing a seat and for speeding. No reckless driving charges, no toxicology reports. Nothing but the two tickets.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    audioluvr wrote: »
    If the vehicle was airborne and his foot was on both the brake and accelerator. It would rev up and could have pegged the speedo.

The damage to the vehicle was consistent with the speed indicated by the black box.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    edited April 2021
    BlueFox wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

I’m not a lawyer, but I don’t think that applies to all states.

“In December 2015, the federal Driver Privacy Act of 2015 was enacted. It places limitations on data retrieval from EDRs and provides that information collected belongs to the owner or lessee of the vehicle.

Seventeen states--Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Washington--have enacted statutes relating to event data recorders and privacy. Among other provisions, these states provide that data collected from a motor vehicle event data recorder may only be downloaded with the consent of the vehicle owner or policyholder, with certain exceptions.”

https://www.ncsl.org/research/telecommunications-and-information-technology/privacy-of-data-from-event-data-recorders.aspx

And those certain exceptions are:---

California
    1) with owner’s consent; 2) court order; 3) vehicle safety research;

Or as stated in other states
    3) emergency investigation; 4) emergency medical care; 5) medical and vehicle safety research;
    2) pursuant to a search warrant;

Also, due to the fact that the entire world knows the information that is on Tiger's black box, and I seriously doubt Tiger nor his lawyers gave consent to obtain and publicly distribute that information.
    Post edited by txcoastal1 on

• Kex
    FWIW, the Sheriff specifically stated that they couldn’t release the information earlier, because they HAD to get Tiger Woods’ consent to do so.

That implies that they did get a warrant for the information on the EDR (which is what they stated) but that warrant doesn’t allow them to release the information.
    Alea jacta est!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    decal wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    13 accidents around the location Tiger had his crash on that road. According to the news last night they're have been multiple calls to look at "fixing" that part of the roadway.

Fix it by slowing down,no need to drive that fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course I agree with the speed. My post was way before they knew the speed he(Tiger)was traveling. Regardless the folks who commented about fixing that section I'd like to think they were going the posted speed limit.