Polk Monitor 5 Single Speaker

Options
Being a long time Polkie I figured I’d post this here first just in case one of you need it. As the title says it’s a single Monitor 5 speaker (not 5jr) serial #33194. Maybe you’re missing a speaker, maybe you’d like a single monitor 5 to use as a L/C/R setup, or maybe you just need to cannibalize it, the possibilities are endless. All drivers are working properly, and the cabinet is solid but not in any way minty fresh. It looks alright I suppose, but it’s not gonna win any beauty contests lol. The important thing is that the drivers are all solid, so if you can use it please lmk, I’d rather see it put to use if possible. I could always just part it out, but then that’s just one more speaker gone, and that’s what I’m trying to avoid if possible. If it turns out that no one needs it, and someone needs a driver or 2 then I’ll part it out for you.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin, February 17th, 1775.

"The day that I have to give up my constitutional rights AND let some dude rub my junk...well, let's just say that it's gonna be a real bad day for the dude trying to rub my junk!!"
messiah, November 23rd, 2010

Comments

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    "Save the Fives."

;)

Just out of academic curiosity (since it appears that it may have already found a new home) -- is it the original morph, with Peerless silk dome tweeter?
  • Sorry_Access_Denied
    Options
    I’ve been a member here since 2007 and someone screwed this forum up so bad that I can’t log into my account to answer anyone’s questions on this, or access anything I’ve been a part of for the last 15 years, so I’m more than just a little annoyed, especially since the forum isn’t any better now than it was 15 years ago when I joined it.

Anyway I’ve had 13 people say they wanted it and no one has purchased it, so it’s still here if someone wants it.

If you still want it Dromunds, just lmk. If not I’ll go down the list.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    I just sent you a PM. I had sent a PM back on January 11 with the same question and got no reply at that time. Post here if you have problems getting the PM
  • Sorry_Access_Denied
    Options
    Just so everyone is clear, I’m selling this speaker, either whole or for parts. It does not have the peerless tweeter, or at least I don’t think the peerless is supposed to have a clear covering over it. Anyway, it’s $50 if anyone wants it, or I’m parting it out. Thanks!
  • surfnturf
    Options
    I'm interested. Is the 5 still for sale?
  • amfm
    amfm Posts: 1
    Options
    So if you still have it I might buy it, I bought one at a thrift store a couple of months ago for 12 bucks in near mint condition. What a great speaker and puts out a ton of bass, I don’t even use my Klipsch powered sub anymore and have just been listening Polk M5 which is hooked up to the left channel of the Yamaha CRX-332 receiver I bought at a Goodwill for 15 bucks. So yeah I’m looking for another M5 for the right channel. I would like to see what the cab looks like if you have a pic or pics? Let me know .......