Pioneer CT-M6R Cassette Deck (holds 6 cassettes)

Options
jdjohn
jdjohn Posts: 3,000
edited April 2021 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
A very unique design that holds 6 cassettes at once. More info here: https://www.vintagecassette.com/pioneer/ct-m6r

I tested this deck for playback with a full 6 cassettes loaded, and it worked just fine. I also tested it for recording, again with success. It is a 2-head design. The recording level knob was scratchy, but after some DeOxit into the potentiometer, it works fine. I also sprayed the L/R balance pot as well for good measure.

Here are some pics:
a3dm7gu0wm1c.jpg
mdzi0fmo13fx.jpg
dk9b0smtrdac.jpg
It has a few cosmetic issues, but operates quite well. I examined the belt, and it looks to be in fine condition. This unit is from my dad's collection, likely purchased from a thrift store 15-20 years ago, and then stored on a shelf in his garage, from which I pulled it.

More pics:
wdxu6xr74knx.jpg
h9o0zavkx32j.jpg
la9uv0c9xqdb.jpg
v2zx3ad8vldu.jpg
$125 plus shipping for Polkies with 100+ posts. I will be listing this unit on eBay as well in a day or two, but wanted to offer it up here first in case any tape-heads might want it.
"This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
"Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,030
    Options
  • Piofan
    Piofan Posts: 7
    Options
    Hello jdjohn!
    Can I ask You to take a photo of this label?
    Mine is missing, I would print one.
    Thanks!82waltji64e8.jpg
  • jdjohn
    Options
    Sorry, Piofan, but I sold this so can't help you :(
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • recoveryone
    Options
    I have the 66M comes with a remote
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • Piofan
    Options
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Sorry, Piofan, but I sold this so can't help you :(
    No problem, it was a bit older post, I presumed i cant be lucky.

• Piofan
    Options

Can I ask You to upload a photo of the label I mentioned?
    It would be nice.
  • jdjohn
    Options
    There are several examples of that image in the owner's manual, although the black/white is inverted.
    2d4vmln99t9s.png
    Eh...there's a watermark in the background due to the app I used to capture the screenshot, but you get the idea.
  • Piofan
    Options
    jdjohn wrote: »
    There are several examples of that image in the owner's manual, although the black/white is inverted.
    2d4vmln99t9s.png
    Eh...there's a watermark in the background due to the app I used to capture the screenshot, but you get the idea.

Very good idea, thanks for the image!
    Here is my sketch if anybody needs it later:
    ctgn7lvwim2t.png
  • jdjohn
    Options
    Looks good!
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    Is it close to my ct77? If so i can take a close up shot of it. 64kwv4s7zwa5.jpg
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • recoveryone
    Options
    Piofan wrote: »

Can I ask You to upload a photo of the label I mentioned?
    It would be nice.

I just packed it up about 2 months ago, up in the rafters of the garage, sorry
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • Piofan
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    Is it close to my ct77? If so i can take a close up shot of it. 64kwv4s7zwa5.jpg

Yes, it is the same!
    It would be nice if You coluld take a front photo about the label.
    Thanks!
  • erniejade
    Options
    Piofan wrote: »

Yes, it is the same!
    It would be nice if You coluld take a front photo about the label.
    Thanks!

I will try to remember when i am back in town next week.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Piofan
    edited November 2021
    Options

I will try to remember when i am back in town next week.

Thank You!

• erniejade
    Options
    lbz2dc43751d.jpg
    sgzdv3zivxbp.jpg

@Piofan sorry i completely forgot. Here are pics
  • Piofan
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Here are pics

Thats really nice, thanks a lot!
    As I see I have to change the font, maybe it's a simple Arial.