Text sizing in latest Vanilla version

Options
For those of you scratching your head about the size of signature elements in posts, this is "straight from the horse's mouth":

"We removed 'size' as a feature due to accessibility issues. Allowing members to dictate the size at which others read text is a bad experience for low-vision users, as well as users with reading challenges."

I encapsulated my sig elements in a "Spoiler". Cheesy, but cuts down on thread page creep. Too bad you can't rename "Spoiler".

Mike

Comments

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    Options
    Never mind, scrap that. Found another work around.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,373
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I find using the Zoom function in Google Chrome at 110 to 125 percent works for me.

Interestingly enough, the text size on this site is about the same as it is on Facebook. Probably not a coincidence. >:)
  • BlueMDPicker
    Options
    Oddly enough, the font size locked in for the signature is larger than the font size in message bodies. Weird science. I suppose that was what I was trying to overcome.

My work around (to reduce system listing bloat) was to screen capture my old sig and upload it, making note of the URL where it lands, then calling that URL in a link in the new sig. Whew!
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    I find using the Zoom function in Google Chrome at 110 to 125 percent works for me.

Interestingly enough, the text size on this site is about the same as it is on Facebook. Probably not a coincidence. >:)

Thanks for the tip. That is an improvement!
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    I just disabled signatures in posts.
    No offense meant to those of you who use them.
  • BlueMDPicker
    Options
    I'm so offended I disabled mine too! Harumph!! :)
  • TennMan
    TennMan Posts: 1,264
    Options
    For those of you scratching your head about the size of signature elements in posts, this is "straight from the horse's mouth":

"We removed 'size' as a feature due to accessibility issues. Allowing members to dictate the size at which others read text is a bad experience for low-vision users, as well as users with reading challenges."

I encapsulated my sig elements in a "Spoiler". Cheesy, but cuts down on thread page creep. Too bad you can't rename "Spoiler".

Mike

Who was the horse? Who is in charge of making changes on the forum?
    • SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat
    • Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    • Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
    • Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    • Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    • SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet
  • BlueMDPicker
    Options
    TennMan wrote: »
    Who was the horse? Who is in charge of making changes on the forum?

The proverbial horse is the Admin of the Vanilla support website. No clue regarding your second question.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I'm offended....they near deleted me and called me Rockman Rock. Carl had a hand in this.... :D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options

This entire site is a bad experience for those of us with no vision or reading challenge issues.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk