Kitchen Cabinets..

Options
Are expensive!!!! Can't wait to get them though. 8-12 weeks out, said we would have a good date in 2-3 weeks...

Our Kitchen has been in need of a makeover for a few years now..

Comments

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    We just remodeled our kitchen and used one of the ready-to-assemble (RTA) online cabinet retailers. I spent an entire day assembling, saved some dough, and we are very pleased with the outcome. It was a much needed update.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,947
    Options
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    We just remodeled our kitchen and used one of the ready-to-assemble (RTA) online cabinet retailers. I spent an entire day assembling, saved some dough, and we are very pleased with the outcome. It was a much needed update.

We thought about that, how was the quality?? There is a time where anything is better than what you may have, that’s where we are!! LOL!!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,100
    Options
    Congrats!

We went with ikea cabinets and have been extremely happy with them
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mdaudioguy
    Options
    I was very pleased with the quality. Top, bottom, side, and back panels are all plywood, while the fronts are HDF. Soft close hinges and drawer slides. The painted finish is nice. I squared everything up as precisely as I could and glued and screwed them all together. I'm happy and so is the queen!

And then there's the countertops... You going granite, quartz, something else?
  • mdaudioguy
    edited March 2021
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Congrats!

We went with ikea cabinets and have been extremely happy with them

We started at ikea, but their inventory last fall was extremely depleted. They couldn't even quote estimated delivery times.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,947
    Options
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    I was very pleased with the quality. Top, bottom, side, and back panels are all plywood, while the fronts are HDF. Soft close hinges and drawer slides. The painted finish is nice. I squared everything up as precisely as I could and glued and screwed them all together. I'm happy and so is the queen!

And then there's the countertops... You going granite, quartz, something else?

One of the two, we haven’t figured that part out yet. We picked up the flooring Saturday, and ordered our appliances last Friday. The last big expense is the counter tops..

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,457
    Options
    I did my GF's kitchen in the hickory. I'll try to post pics later. Love the looks.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Options
    We remodeled ours three year ago - actually ended up going with cabinet discounters. Could not be happier but we realized that we lucked out with our salesperson who was VERY experienced and the contractor who was meticulous and skilled. The salesperson gave us ideas that we never would have thought on our own in terms of layout, relocation, etc. The contractor was incredible - he treated our remodel as his own and really went above and beyond to make things perfect. I was really impressed and well worth the money we paid.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4