• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,892
    P.S. Good Morning everyone! 👋
    Alea jacta est!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    msg wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Sez I have PMs but clicking on the envelope yields the swirling maelstrom of lock-up :(
    xb5ljdteixb9.png
    Mark, have you tried clicking on the All Messages link at the bottom of the menu there?

As it turns out, that does indeed work.
    Thanks!
  • pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,163
    I am glad the forum is back but I have to agree that the format/design is much worse.

This is the second time that Polk shut down the form for maintenance in the approx. 10 years that I have been a member and each time the forum came back worse than before. I wish they would have left it how it was when I first joined. That was the best format to date.

I applaud Polk for continuing to support the forum but it definitely needs some (a lot) of work to make it user friendly.

I have to go now before I get "blinded by the light."

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    How do you access the site without signing in?
    You mean browse without signing in?

Wow, that's actually a good question - looks like you can't access the forum without an account.

Then why do we have 1.2k in guests here right now?
    They have figured it out...
  • pitdogg2
    edited March 2021
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Sez I have PMs but clicking on the envelope yields the swirling maelstrom of lock-up :(
    xb5ljdteixb9.png
    Mark, have you tried clicking on the All Messages link at the bottom of the menu there?

It's the way I do it but it still doesn't show which pm you have new messages in for me. I've clicked on each one and it still shows I have two new pm's
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    I have to say....this appears a lowest possible cost approach to having a forum. Lame.
  • Kex
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Then why do we have 1.2k in guests here right now?
    They have figured it out...
    Bots? Web crawlers? 🤷‍♂️
    Alea jacta est!
  • ChrisD06
    ChrisD06 Posts: 883
    Honestly I kind of like the new format. Old one was better but this new one I know how to get around without thinking the other one I kinda needed to look at the buttons to know what to click.
    IDGAF as long as we have the forum and it wasn't gone forever.
  • Hansvelton
    Hansvelton Posts: 151
    How can you access the site, without actually looking at it?
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    edited March 2021
    Disable sig's in your profile and it's much easier to read a thread.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Downloaded the "Care your eyes" extension for Chrome and it's a modest improvement...

67nrx0gjxoam.png
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    You goofy bunch of hacks....
  • pitdogg2
    lightman1 wrote: »
    You goofy bunch of hacks....

Says the hick from nocalina
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    edited March 2021
    agfrost wrote: »
    Downloaded the "Care your eyes" extension for Chrome and it's a modest improvement...

So far I'm liking the "Super Dark Mode" extension in SlimJet (Chromium (like Chrome)) browser in self-defense for this layout.
    easmdpf00oum.jpg
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    Before all you had to do is click on the Notifications in the top right to make the notification number go away. Now you have to click on it and select Mark All Read in the lower right. One more step of annoyance.
  • Hansvelton
    Hansvelton Posts: 151
    The font is too small the font is too light, and the background it TOO bright.

• TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    I'm guessing this format isn't the finished product. They are probably waiting to see if the internet catches on.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Have "we" lost the ability to mark (all) discussions "read"? I don't see it any place, and I've nosed around a bit.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    I don't mind really the fonts and layouts, just the white background and the fact I have to scroll to the bottom to get to the recent discussions link
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Kex
    VR3 wrote: »
    ... I have to scroll to the bottom to get to the recent discussions link
    True, for the mobile version, but not really a big issue IMHO. Not so for the desktop version. 😉
    Alea jacta est!
  • TennMan
    TennMan Posts: 1,261
    edited March 2021
    For some reason every time I see this new forum design I want to listen to this:

https://youtu.be/xYQlDRMhsPI
    • SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat
    • Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    • Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
    • Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    • Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    • SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    edited March 2021
    TennMan wrote: »
    For some reason every time I see this new forum design I want to listen to this:

I've had this song on my mind since I logged in earlier today.
    https://youtu.be/lcWVL4B-4pI
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    On the old, I liked the names of "thread starter"/date and "newest commenter"/date.

Seems like was some context offered that I don't feel in this new layout.

"Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    On the old, I liked the names of "thread starter"/date and "newest commenter"/date.
    For mobile or desktop/computer?

I noticed the same thing when I first pulled up the site on mobile the other night. I can't be sure now, but I'm pretty sure the previous iteration did show that information. Definitely leaves out valuable info for better context, I agree. Hopefully they do bring it back for mobile. The mobile presentation definitely needs some work. Desktop/Computer view isn't too bad.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    Wasn't this section anchored to the page so it was always there in the top right, when you scroll down the page?

b9l6bk79h8oq.jpg

"Preview" (when making a comment) doesn't seem to be working for me. It just sends me to the top of the page.
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,065
    I noticed the "Preview" thing yesterday.
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,136
    edited March 2021
    How are people viewing the forum now without signing in? I guess it has something to do with this "Open ID" where you have to give an open ID url? No idea what that's about.

PS: Open ID https://openid.net/what-is-openid/

Still don't know how we have so many currently viewing without any sign on. I tried it and couldn't do it.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708

Yep, those need to come back.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk