Problem. speaker with static noise

g386kin
g386kin Posts: 4
edited May 2002 in Troubleshooting
I hook up the Yamaha receiver two front channels into a Yamaha power amp. Then I hook up the RM4000 to the power amp. Two sets of speaker wire from the amp to the left and right satellite speakers and the other sets of the speaker wire from the amp to the subwoofer. The problem is I have static noise from the two satellite speaker. Can anyone help?
thank you.
Post edited by g386kin on

Comments

• nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited May 2002
    Give us a little more info! What amp and receiver? But, just thinking you should run wire from amp to sub then sub to sats! If you are using an M-35 that will run 4 channel you should run a y-cable from the LFE of the receiver to the amp, then use those two channels to the sub and then the l/r front outs of the receiver to the other two channels on the amp and then to the sats! Really need to know what you have!:confused:
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • g386kin
    edited May 2002
    Thank You. Nascarmann

The Yamaha receiver is a pro-logic dolby surround receiver (R-V901). The amp is a two channel power amp (MX-830). I hook up the receiver front output terminals to the input of the amp. Then four sets of wire directly connect to the satellite speakers and the subwoofer.

I hope this can help you to help me.

thanlk you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited May 2002
    Hello,
    Thanks for posting on the Forum. When you say, "static" do you mean some type of noise present when there's no sound being produced? Or, do mean there's high frequency distortion being produced by the speaker while it's making sound?
    Regards, Ken Swauger
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited May 2002
    OK! First, the 830 is a 2 channel amp and Yamaha recommends you to only run one set of speakers at a time. I know it has output terminals for 4 speakers, but this is so you can swap from one to the other with out disconnect and reconnect. You should use one speaker out (A or B) to the sub and then from the sub run to the satalite speakers. This should take care of this? Let us know what happens!;)
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • g386kin
    edited May 2002
    Hi Kenneth Swauager,
    The static is mean a noise present when there's no sound being produced. That mean is I turn the power on I can hear the noise from the speaker, when I play a song or something if i get close to the speaker I still will hear the noise on the background. Of couse, I don't hear the noise when I sit back to the chair. I hope I have myself clear.
    Thank you

Hi nascarmann
    Thanks again. I will try you advise. and I will post the result.
    Thanks

Thank you all very much. You guys are very very helpfull
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited May 2002
    I could be wrong, but it seems like you've got transmission-level outputs hooked to line-level inputs. Disconnect the amp completely and hook the RM4000 to the receiver. I'm sure any noise will go away. Ask for further assistance on hooking up the amp.

I could be wrong, but this seems like the problem to me.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited May 2002
    Hello,
    Thank you for the additional information. If I understand you correctly, the static sound is present as a background sound even when there isn't any sound being produced by the speaker, correct? If so then I believe there might be a problem in the associated electronics, either the amplification chain or one of the source components and not the speakers. The reason I say this is that the speakers are not able to originate a sound not given to them, they can only reproduce a signal that is given to them. Speakers can add distortion to an incoming signal but they can't originate a signal. The next step in determining the source of your noise is to find out if it is source dependant. In other words, is this static present as you change the inputs, do you hear it on all input selections, or just one particular input? Secondly, does the volume control, on the receiver, effect the levels of the static, turn the volume down and there's less static, turn it up and there's an increase in the static level? A third question, is one audio channel louder in the static level than the other, or are they the same intensity?
    Once I have a little more information I can give additional troubleshooting suggestions.
    Regards, Ken Swauger