Monitor 7B with Peerless - One Owner...

I'm the original owner of these Monitor 7B speakers with Peerless tweeters, purchased in Columbia, Missouri in 1982, S/N 44904 and 44906, with "furniture grade rosewood vinyl veneer".

I rebuilt the crossovers in about 2008 with Dayton capacitors and Mills resistors. Otherwise, they are all original, and near perfect cosmetically. Grill fabric and mounting pegs are intact, and drivers are tight: centers of the drivers move nicely when you push on the passive radiators. They have always lived in a non-smoking home.

I have NOT: (a) glued the driver magnets; (b) Dynamatted the baskets; or (c) done any of the other modifications/tweaks - the new owner can do that.

The speakers have been in regular use, but it's time to downsize, and I'd like to see them stay in the Polk family. I'm going to post here on the Forum before listing on Craigslist, etc.

I'm in the Kansas City area. I'd be willing to drive an hour or two to meet for delivery, as shipping these speakers would not be practical.

Price: $250 (firm) for the pair. I also have a pair of Plateau speaker stands that I'll throw in, if interested.

hcakxd3bo61p.jpg
0b2vx2e5qude.jpg
oyb3wn1kku17.jpg
75t05hfh9xji.jpg
2vjdk2x27i1s.jpg
md80uz699bmx.jpg
exiui5jruck3.jpg
3p4s0l6cuywj.jpg

Comments

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    You’re to be commended for offering these to forum members first. Here’s your chance to get minty original-owner Peerless 7’s with upgraded crossovers. I love it when guys still have the original boxes. Somebody anywhere near KC should grab these babies
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Minty!!! B)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Those are beautiful. I wish my sevens looked that nice. GLWYS. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,136
    You know ya have to have 100 posts to sell here.....err uhhh......nevermind :D

Nice, they look just like mine. Hope you don't regret selling them and the new owner should be very pleased!
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,837
    Well if your headed to Denver!! 😎
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 106
    Thanks for the nice comments, all.
    Toolfan: the midpoint between me and Denver looks like Wakeeney, Kansas, or about 4 1/2 hours! :)
    And, I may indeed regret selling them, but...they aren't sold yet. B)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Go get them Larry!!
  • Gardenstater
    TomB wrote: »
    Thanks for the nice comments, all.
    Toolfan: the midpoint between me and Denver looks like Wakeeney, Kansas, or about 4 1/2 hours! :)
    And, I may indeed regret selling them, but...they aren't sold yet. B)

Looking at your first photo, it is pretty clear that your cat doesn't want you to sell without at least doing the rest of the mods. :D
    George / NJ

Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • TomB
    George, my wife was certain that the cat photo would be a big selling point. :)
    Actually, these speakers haven't been out during this cat's brief tenure in our home - which has probably helped keep the grills in such good condition!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Tell your wife I said cute cat. B)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,837
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Go get them Larry!!

I would love to, just wish there was an easier way to get them..

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    edited March 2021
    TomB wrote: »
    Cat can be included in the deal... ;)

Hey now, who can resist an offer to throw in some ... :p
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    In all seriousness, WHY ALWAYS SO FAR AWAY?! Dang!
  • TomB
    I listed these speakers on Kansas City Craigslist today, but I'd still like for them to end up with a Forum member.
    (I wasn't quite sure what was happening with the Forum over the past few weeks...still not sure.)
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Here’s your chance to get some well-taken-care-of original owner Monitor 7 Peerless with rebuilt crossovers and original boxes. You don’t this very often to say the least
  • Gardenstater
    That's a pretty well behaved cat to have not damaged those grilles! Maybe a picture of the plateau speaker stands might spur someone to action. I will say that these are uber moddable to levels of performance that not everyone may be aware of. GLWTS.
    George / NJ

Crown D150 amp
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
  • TomB
    Well, the 7Bs are gone. :'(
    I'm a little sorry to see them go, but they went to a good home in Topeka, Kansas, where they'll be joining a pair of 10s.
    Thanks to all for the nice comments.