Clean your records (lp)...even new ones

I recently received a new record, Dylan LeBlanc's "Cautionary Tale", and was tempted to just put it on the platter to enjoy. My inner obsessive self told me to not be so lazy and fire up the ultrasonic cleaner. The water in the photo was crystal clear prior to the cleaning and what you see is after a 15 minute spin.egzl10ioyg85.jpg
Yep, my name really is Bob.
Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.

Comments

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    edited February 2021
    Wow. I just bought an ultrasonic cleaner after years of procrastinating, I can't even imagine what my vinyl is going to make the water look like... though I am pretty sure 15 minutes isn't going to be long enough.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    What kind of ultrasonic cleaner you guys have?
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,963
    The unit itself is a GT Sonic(cheap chineese one) and the "spinner" is something I picked up here from a fellow Polkie a few years ago. Did all of my old albums and thought they may show more crud than they did. My wife confirmed they did sound better though.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    My US is similar to the one @Mike Reeter has above, though I am still without a device to spin the vinyl in the bath. Baby steps :)
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,494
    Don't forget to floss! :)
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,963
    I spin my records after the rinse using a cordless drill. Cuts the drying time down considerably.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    schwarcw wrote: »
    muncybob wrote: »
    The unit itself is a GT Sonic(cheap chineese one) and the "spinner" is something I picked up here from a fellow Polkie a few years ago. Did all of my old albums and thought they may show more crud than they did. My wife confirmed they did sound better though.

I'm betting we have the same set up ;) And yes, even new Vinyl gets a good US cleaning and a rinse on the 16.5 before ever hitting the table.

atg2tf9k84sf.png

Funny, I have the same cleaning setup also! I use the bamboo dish rack, which is missing from my picture.

hswvpmj4jaop.jpg

Nice set up Carl, a much "cleaner" environment than mine ;)

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Nice new avatar Mike.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Nice new avatar Mike.

lol, pretty much sums it up :D