Good deal? 4c 16awg monster cable on sale @ parts express

Dannieboiz
Dannieboiz Posts: 242
edited February 2005 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
drop from 199 to 49.95

4 conductor so good for bi-wiring application etc.... has anyone used this?
Sammy UN55C6400
Onkyo TX-SR875
Def Tech: Mythos One, Three, Six
Velodyne DPS-12
MartinLogan Dynamo 10
Post edited by Dannieboiz on

Comments

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited February 2005
    I don't think you'll find many people around here praising Monster products, just doa search and see what you come up with:D

That being said, this would probably be fine for wiring surround speakers, but I usually use 2 ga for the front stage...
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited February 2005
    Also, if you're looking for a 150' spool of wire, this is probably a really good deal.

A crappy 18 ga will cost you at least that much...so yeah, it would be a good investment for wiring surround speakers...
  • aequitas
    aequitas Posts: 77
    edited February 2005
    this is probably a noob question, but what does the 4-cond and the cl-3 mean?
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited February 2005
    The 4 cond means there are four individual strands of speaker wire wrapped in a jacket(usually shielded).
    If you are biamping or biwiring speakers, then this is economical because it is usually a little cheaper than individual strands(or paired strands). Also, it makes it look a little "prettier".
    I don't know for sure(and someone correct me if I'm wrong), but I think the CL3 means that it is code sufficient to put it in the wall.

For the price, this isn't bad stuff, even if it does have that brand stamped on it.
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited February 2005
    Originally posted by okiepolkie
    but I think the CL3 means that it is code sufficient to put it in the wall.

Yep, I think it has to do with burn rate that makes it "safe" for in-wall applications.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited February 2005
    If you're talking about your fronts, personally I've found the lower the gauge the better. Why limit your system with 16 ga wire. If you want to bi-wire the Canare
    4S11 at 4x14awg is 100 times better for around .80 cents a foot and even that won't make those speakers shine. Try some 6-8awg with some quality jumpers and it'll blow that stuff away. The low strand count cable is the best sound I've found, the ones with the big, fat conductors.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited February 2005
    They've been auctioning that item for months.

Here's one of their auction's ended on January 31st for $71
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5746693321

Now go check their website, and enter the same part number 109-648

$49.20 at their website.
    Their making steady profit on these auctions ;)