Monitor 7B's For Sale

2»

Comments

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    I suppose we can mess up the thread since speakers are sold?
    I had never heard of Daphile. Does it unfold TIDAL MQA files? The TIDAL app in Logitech Media Server doesn't have that capability.

Daphile site link below. Free software, easier to install than vortexbox. Native DSD playback up to DSD512 and PCM resolutions up to 384kHz/24bit.

https://www.daphile.com/

Daphile is new to me. I installed it but haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

There are threads at diyaudio and other forums. The link below is the Daphile thread at diyaudio. You may find an answer to your question in there or ask if it hasn't been addressed.

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based/240040-daphile-audiophile-music-server-player-os.html
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,137
    edited February 2021
    Thanks and please keep us posted on your results and impressions. So far in my readings it doesn't appear to be a free solution to the TIDAL debacle but it seems to have other advantages over a standard noisy PC driven system.

Faustin - That was a great deal! To pay in 2021 dollars what I paid for mine new in 1979 but with all the aesthetic and performance improvements to boot! Pretty sure I'll never part with mine but never say never!
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • Faustin
    Faustin Posts: 1,149
    Well, I listened to the 7's last night and this morning and thought about backing out of the deal, but it was too late. Rich was driving through a snow storm to my house to pick them. I couldn't do that to him. Anyway, (of course I am biased), but those are the purtyest, best sounding speakers I think one will find for $350. I hope the new Polkie will enjoy them as much as I did.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    I couldn’t believe they lasted as long as they did with all you did to them. Gorgeous and fully rebuilt.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    Faustin wrote: »
    Well, I listened to the 7's last night and this morning and thought about backing out of the deal.....

Strange as it may be I'd of understood. Snow wasn't that bad, but State and counties slow to respond to cleaning/salting roads.

My friend Jason is chomping at the bit! He has vaca at end of month and I will help him set it all up. I got Daphile music sever up and running with my old Squeezebox Touch. Should be all plug and enjoy!

Thanks again Bruce! As good as the 7's sounded, them Zu's will console you!

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *