SDA-2 Amplifier Help

Options
Hello, I have recently purchased a pair of SDA-2 Speakers and I didn't realize how daunting it would be to find a proper amplifier to power them. I'm 19 and just getting into audio equipment so I am pretty new and could use some help.

I plan to use them with my Project Debut Carbon turntable for the most part and would probably also like to be able to plug my phone into the amplifier to stream some music from Spotify periodically.

I know they are power hungry and I want something sufficient for them, something to give them good headroom. I know the amp has to be common ground and I've seen some sources recommend maybe 200wpc at 4ohm for these speakers? I really don't know how to tell. I don't want to skimp on power and efficiency for price, I really just want something solid that's going to make these speakers sound their best. Hopefully, I keep both the speakers and amp for the rest of my life.

So far, I've seen this amp as a potential winner
https://kenrockwell.com/audio/adcom/gfa-555-ii.htm
and seen a few other recommendations in a few other threads. Still, I'm lacking some knowledge in this department and would really appreciate some help and clarification.

I'm like a sponge and I want to soak up as much knowledge and information about these speakers as I can.

I attached some photos of the speakers for you all to see.
smf7a55f1cdy.jpg
wvgybg8y0tz9.jpg

Comments