Which - pick one of these two.

Options
ALL212
ALL212 Posts: 1,556
RT16's or RTA-8T's?

No other options. Not for me - found an auction with both. Have a friend wondering which to go with.

Thanks
Aaron
Enabler Extraordinaire

Comments

• la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 602
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I have never listened to the RT16's but I've had both RTA8T's as well as RTA8TL's. Based simply on this, I'll take a chance on the RT16's.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options
    I can't believe I fell for that one! :(

y0qhrhhtpg0b.jpg

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    ALL212 wrote: »
    RT16's or RTA-8T's?

No other options. Not for me - found an auction with both. Have a friend wondering which to go with.

Thanks

Probably too late, but I loved my rt7s, and the rt16s are basically twice the 7s (who came up with this numbering system lol), so I would give those a try!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,096
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    ALL212 wrote: »
    RT16's or RTA-8T's?

Thanks

Probably too late, but I loved my rt7s, and the rt16s are basically twice the 7s (who came up with this numbering system lol), so I would give those a try!

One reason the twice the RT-7's were numbered RT-16 instead of 14 (see link below).

I believe Polk had to change the original number of the RTA-15TL from 14 for that reason.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetraphobia#:~:text=While in Mandarin-speaking regions,be, when combined, it sounds

"While in Mandarin-speaking regions in China, 14 and 74 are considered more unlucky than the individual 4, since 14 (十四, pinyin: shí sì) sounds like "is dead" (是死, pinyin: shì sǐ) and because in some forms of the language, 1 is pronounced (yao) which sounds like (yào 要), which means will be, when combined, it sounds like will be dead. 74 (七十四, pinyin: qī shí sì) sounds like "is already dead" (其实死, pinyin: qī shí sǐ) or "will die in anger" (气死, pinyin: qì sǐ)."