MagniFi MAX SR Does it support LPCM5.1?

Options
Through the test, the output audio of Nintendo Switch is
LPCM5.1
LPCM2.0
The Switch is connected to Polk MagniFi MAX SR via HDMI, and the surround 5.1 audio is tested. The output audio is LPCM2.0 channel, but it cannot output LPCM5.1 channel.

Does Polk MagniFi MAX SR hardware support LPCM5.1 or through firmware upgrade, thank you!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'll ask Polk for you.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Here is Polk's response:

"Some content is sent in PCM Stereo, but we are capable of handling 5.1 inputs just fine.
    optical is only good for stereo PCM, but it can do 5.1 for Dolby... if I recall correctly.
    HDMI can do 5.1 PCM, though.
    if this is for the Nintendo Switch customer, I sent a message via JIRA. His TV sends 2.0 content via
    HDMI-ARC, so our soundbar should be able to upmix it to 5.1 using the normal DSP."
  • Flb05443
    Options
    Hello, thank you very much for your letter.

There are four options for TV mode audio output setting in switch system: Auto, surround, stereo and mono. Among them, the automatic and surround options are equipped with test function. In the process of automatic test, a total of six sounds will be emitted from different speakers. When I choose surround, I can only hear two sounds, followed by a blank section. When I choose automatic, I can hear six complete sounds