Cheapskate Karma

Anyone want it....unfortunately the seller included the wrong manual and not the wrong item in the box lol
ew12alp241pe.jpeg

Comments

• dr1978
    dr1978 Posts: 424
    Hey, I'd gladly take it! I don't have a manual for my BDP-103.
    Pro-ject 2 Experience SB, OPPO BDP-103, Marantz SR5011, Lounge LCR MKIII, McCormack DNA-HT5, Polk LSiM705, Polk LSiM706C, Polk LSiM702, SVS SB16-Ultra
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,424
    Don't send it through USPS right now, you won't see it 'til Spring. 2022.
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,548
    edited December 2020
    msg wrote: »

No kidding. I've had two ebay items lost in the last two months. Still unaccounted for. I guess I can't really complain too loudly as it's the only two lost in the past 15 yrs. but wow all at once sucks. Some rare quad of very early NOS true Tesla 12au7 tubes and two smashing pumpkins CD's.

Both with tracking numbers disappeared at the same Denver Co. post office a month apart....
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,571

Very very true! I'm waiting on some SACD's and a guitar to deliver.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,958
    All the shipping companies are going through a term I have not heard in my 24 years in the industry...Super Peak.
  • I have two items stuck in NJ at the USPS distribution center.
    2 Channel - Polk SDA-2BTL, Carver TFM-35, Peachtree iDAC, Qobuz streamed via Episode Lynk using bubble UPnP server
  • kevhed72
    dr1978 wrote: »

pm me your address and Ill get it out media mail after Christmas....hohoho. USPS should slow down by then
  • dr1978
    dr1978 Posts: 424
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    dr1978 wrote: »

pm me your address and Ill get it out media mail after Christmas....hohoho. USPS should slow down by then

Awesome, thank you very much!
    Pro-ject 2 Experience SB, OPPO BDP-103, Marantz SR5011, Lounge LCR MKIII, McCormack DNA-HT5, Polk LSiM705, Polk LSiM706C, Polk LSiM702, SVS SB16-Ultra
  • msg
    I've had some stuff stuck up in the DC hub for several days now, and a couple of other things stuck here IN TOWN for a couple of days.

I loosely started reading up this morning to try to figure out what's going on. Not really sure what it's about yet. Saw some stuff about some policy changes over the summer. I suppose there is the holiday mail increase to consider. And, of course, Amazon and people ordering toothbrushes one at a time, just because it's Prime.
    I disabled signatures.
  • kevhed72
    edited December 2020
    Single toothbrushes and giant bags of dog food. I sometimes wonder if the big smiley club is really more efficient in the grand scheme of things. But hey! I saved a dollar on a 100 lb of dog food. They are going to be challenged in a big way soon...
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,020
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

No kidding. I've had two ebay items lost in the last two months. Still unaccounted for. I guess I can't really complain too loudly as it's the only two lost in the past 15 yrs. but wow all at once sucks. Some rare quad of very early NOS true Tesla 12au7 tubes and two smashing pumpkins CD's.

Both with tracking numbers disappeared at the same Denver Co. post office a month apart....

Denver
    Co. ?!?
    Well, there's your problem.

kg8kgw2wfokh.png
  • I believe there were RECORD Cyber Monday sales this year with the COVID issue. This has swamped the USPS and other carriers as well.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,026

I have three items stuck for 2-8 days each with USPS in three different places around the country. Need 'em for jobs!
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,548
    edited December 2020
    After a month in Denver my CDs have started to move. Now they have been stuck in St. Louis for 2 weeks.

Oh and 1 other amusing thing our postal driver has been not delivering our mail until after 8pm. He's usually here and gone by 4pm. He told me they have been working 15hr days 🤔
  • msg
    edited December 2020
    Just received today a record I ordered back in November that shipped on 11/20. Took just shy of 4 weeks. Seems unusual, especially since it made it from origin to nearby depots, and then would just stall for days. I half wondered whether it fell behind a filing cabinet or something.

Also wondered whether it was a "handled in the order received" kind of thing, or a "last in, first out" model.

While reviewing tracking periodically, I saw a notice at the top of the USPS tracking page. Good to see some kind of heads up acknowledgement instead of just being left to wonder what the delays are about. Carriers do seem to be out later these days around here.
    ALERT: USPS IS EXPERIENCING UNPRECEDENTED VOLUME INCREASES AND LIMITED EMPLOYEE AVAILABILITY DUE TO THE IMPACTS OF COVID-19. WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE AND REMAIN COMMITTED TO DELIVERING THE HOLIDAYS TO YOU.
    Post edited by msg on
    I disabled signatures.
  • kevhed72
    USPS melting down because of "cost cutting" done months ago by their new leadership. Who ever would have thought a pandemic would spike shipping volumes...what an unforeseeable consequence of COVID.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,020
    edited January 2021
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,000
    And for good measure, a USPS price increase is coming.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon