NYC animals

F1nut
F1nut Posts: 49,712
Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Comments

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    The world is getting crazy.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Business as usual in the Big Apple.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    BMW side windows are definitely stronger than Tesla's.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,903
    Manhattan....and no cops around ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    I just watched both video clips. Very sad state of affairs, pathetic!
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    It is time to start culling the herd...Death wish style........why the driver didnt floor it and take out as many of these aholes is beyond me......worse yet is the lack of any response from onlookers......
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Don’t mind the maggots
  • NotaSuv
    edited December 2020
    o2ldqthkoi3a.jpg
    this this would have fared better than the bimmer lol with plenty of backup under the drivers seat ;)
  • NotaSuv wrote: »
    o2ldqthkoi3a.jpg
    this this would have fared better than the bimmer lol with plenty of backup under the drivers seat ;)

Nice JL!
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,043
    Seeing things like that makes me so glad I live far away from big cities. Remember all the burning and looting we had right after the first stimulus checks went out in the spring? The 2nd checks are starting to arrive so it shouldn't be too much longer before the delinquents are out and about again.
  • Rich502
    Rich502 Posts: 146
    I was in the city yesterday roughly around the same time just several blocks away. Can’t say it’s surprisingly these days, but disturbing to see. Wonder what provoked the young teenagers actions, I’m guessing nothing. Looks likely they’ve arrested one at least so far.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Losers will be losers...
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    o2ldqthkoi3a.jpg

PEW PEW PEW!

In NYC, I'm sure it was the drivers fault. How dare the driver go out on the roads and...drive. It's the state of this country and will continue to get worse. Just don't bring that riff raff to my neighborhood.

No excuses!
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Seeing things like that makes me so glad I live far away from big cities. Remember all the burning and looting we had right after the first stimulus checks went out in the spring? The 2nd checks are starting to arrive so it shouldn't be too much longer before the delinquents are out and about again.

The article states that one of the kids grabbed ahold of the car, while in motion to 'hitch a ride'.

The driver applied the brakes and the kid was tossed and scraped up a little.

The action of the driver not tolerating some punk latching onto his car for a joy ride, is what 'allegedly' sparked the assault on the BMW owner.

• teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    o2ldqthkoi3a.jpg
    Are you turning left there or are you goin' straight? "Looks" like a front-end alignment is in need, no? ;)
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,740
    Driver was a cool customer. I'm sure if the window broke it would not have ended well for anyone standing in front. This way though the only guilty party are the cyclists.
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    You know these young men will all grow up into responsible, Tax paying, Law abiding citizens one day...

Future politicians probably !!!!
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • That's why I've always warned my kids to stay off the streets whenever the local Mensa Society chapter lets out.
    🚲💥🚲💥
    Sal Palooza
  • xschop
    SweetSpot wrote: »
    xschop wrote: »
    BMW side windows are definitely stronger than Tesla's.

I just picked her up 5 days ago, I don't want to test it out. Fortunately I only go to NYC like 3X a month now.

km7jzk1jyfd2.jpg

Well, you can certainly feel good about saving the environment, while mitigating the marauders.
  • NotaSuv
    teekay0007 wrote: »
    o2ldqthkoi3a.jpg
    Are you turning left there or are you goin' straight? "Looks" like a front-end alignment is in need, no? ;)

wheel turned to left....alignment just fine thanks..will do 80-90 tracking straight and never a death wobble...passenger tire also turned to left
  • xschop
    ^^^^^^^ And is that $8555 built in depreciation, hefted by the taxpayer?
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    I pay an insane amount of taxes. Your welcome.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,929
    edited January 2021
    tonyb wrote: »
    SweetSpot wrote: »
    On this past Saturday I saw 14 of this particular model and Probably 30 Teslas that one day. In NJ there were 2 Great incentives, $5000 back from NJ State and No Sales, That's $8555 I'm not spending/getting back.

Congrats on the new car. Finally someone that can articulate buying one for the right reasons. However, some may have a problem with that last part.

Crosses into social engineering when you start picking winners and losers by subsidizing one company over another. After all that 5k you get back from the state is everyones tax money and why should they pitch in to help buy you a car and not a Toyota or some other brand for everyone else. If your going to subsidize car purchases, it's only fair to do it for all brands, not just the ones you want to see succeed. No sales tax is also a big break, do they offer that for the other car brands ?

Hmm, probably not. This is where things go off the rails and people get upset. Not any fault of the purchaser, but of the social engineering governments like to do instead of letting the free market dictate.

Car looks sharp though, love the red,enjoy. ;)

I don't think the incentive is Tesla-specific -- I imagine it's electric car-specific.
    In other words, any brand with an electric is incentivized. GM and Nissan (at the least) have electric venicle models on the lots (in the US) now; others will as fast as their R&D -> manufacturing infrastructure will let them.

As cars become "smarter" and less just mechanical assemblages, the old car companies are, for better or worse, not too well positioned to lead (or, perhaps, even to survive) -- incentives or no.

I think the Rural Electrification Plan was pretty successful public social engineering, as was, e.g., the public health 'craze' at the turn of the last century. Kinda nice that most of us don't have to worry about typhoid, cholera, and tuberculosis, isn't it?