Printer Recommendations (computer)

Options
Looking for a new printer (Color) we have had ours for many years, it was a nice one for its time Photo/CD/DVD printing as well, of course it’s been years since we have used it for CD/DVD printing..

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,849
    Options
    Epson Workforce
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Irrenhaus
    Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
    Options
    I use a Cannon ImageClass great unit.
    HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,882
    Options
    Hp envy 4520 is what we use
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Options
    Sorry but thats a little too vague to be able to recommend a printer. What are your requirements? Budget?

Simply going off photo printing, I could recommend one of the new Canon Pro line of photo printers (I have the out of production Pixma Pro 10 that ran $700) that do large format prints with archival quality inks. I have a feeling it's overkill though. Replacing the 10 separate ink tanks is not cheap either.

I do like Canon printers though.
    No excuses!
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    Options
    Add to your requirements list... color quality. There's many inexpensive color laser printers for general printing needs and will cost less than Ink printers in the long run. BensBargains occasionally posts deals on these for $75-$150. Still have one in storage from one of the last deals. It's far from photo quality but for general printing of websites/papers it works well.

Personally prefer using Walmart photos for digital photos. Great quality and inexpensive. Upload your photos to their site for pickup later. Can do 1 hour photo printing in matte, but glossy is a few day turn around.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,947
    Options
    I ended up getting a Epson WorkForce Pro WF-4740, It will do everything we need at the moment. Some office supplies still seem to be hard to find.

We had an Epson RX-580 It has done us well since about 2005-2006, it was fun printing on CD/DVD's back in the day, we also had another printer the wife only used for faxing so only having one printer in the office area is nice.

Thanks for all the feedback, and ideas..
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,377
    Options
    I have a Canon Pro-100 for color printing of photos, etc. It's rarely used though but does large format printing on photo paper for relatively low cost per print. A B&W laser printer made by Brother is what I mostly use. I found their stuff to be more reliable than HP.

As with any inkjet printer, the printer itself isn't the main cost in the long run. It's the ink to keep it running. So the cost and quality of the inks available is a consideration. Photo paper specifically made for the printer is important too. Canon is tough to beat in that market.
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,765
    Options
    Using a Brother color laser, very happy.

Guess it depends on the requirements for the color, I would speculate that for photograph work the inkjet would be the preferred type.

Cannot comment on the above mentioned.