SDACRS Bookshelf Amp help

Options
Hello I am original owner of the beautiful Polk SDA CRS Bookshelf speaks that I own from about 1985. I recently purchased a REISONG A10 Tube amp. This is a low watt I believe 12 watt amp Actually Output Power: 6W * 2 (Ultra-linear). Will this amp drive these amazing speakers. I love tube amps and used to drive these speakers with an amazing DYNACO pat 4 pre and a 120 power (now I know this is a lot higher watts. But will thisReisong A!0 or should I get another set of speakers for this amp? Any info would help, I love my Polks and use a great Marantz intergrated right now and it sounds great but I like toys and the Reisong A10 will be a new toy. Again any help??Pat

Comments

• Faustin
    Faustin Posts: 1,149
    Options
    I don't think a 6 watt / channel amp is going to do those SDA's any justice. Unless you want some soft dinner music I would suggest a tube amp with at least 50 watts / channel. If you are intent on using the Reisong amp, I would suggest a speaker that is 95db and up sensitivity. Zu Audio, Tekton, Klipsch etc.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,453
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I have the crs+ speakers. ( Not early model ). I use to push them nicely with a 50w YAQIN ms30L & it did wonderful. I changed out the tubes also.... Now their in HT set up with Parasound 2250 ss..... Also the YAQIN sounded great with Heresy1's.... At camp i was using a 2.5w mini tube amplifier & Klipsch Heresy 2's just for background music & it was ok (mind you i was on solar power) sold it off afraid of break-ins
    Randy/Maine
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    Options
    Small room...listening fairly quiet....you are probably ok. I'm not of the opinion that you need a gigawatt to power SDA's, but that said, that amp will run out of juice fairly quickly.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Bottom line, that amp isn't going to cut it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Schurkey
    Schurkey Posts: 2,100
    edited December 2020
    Options
    ^^^ Woof.

As if "a bookshelf speakers" inherently need less power than a "floorstanding Speaker".

Because impedance isn't important, cabinet volume is--a bigger cabinet must hold more electrons therefore speakers with big cabinets need more-powerful amplifiers.

Chi-Fi Morons.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,453
    Options
    Those little amps are fun to play with. Find some speakers for it & rotate different ones. You will enjoy it-as most here have too
    Randy/Maine