R.I.P. Charley Pride 😢

Options
Kex
Kex Posts: 4,928
edited December 2020 in The Clubhouse
Country Music Hall of Fame member died in Texas from complications related to Covid-19.

Rolling Stone

Charley Pride, the pioneering black country singer known for such hits as “Kiss an Angel Good Mornin'” and “Is Anybody Goin’ to San Antone,” has died from complications related to Covid-19, according to his publicist. He was 86.
Alea jacta est!
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    I hate to hear this, RIP.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Charlie R.I.P.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,369
    Options
    Rest in Peace. Still with a national audience last month at the CMA show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxM4GDimobE
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    R.I.P.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    Charlie Pride was a class act. I was listening to his music just last night... Rest in Peace, and say hi to the Hag, and ol' Possum for us. God is in for one heck of a great show!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    R.I.P. Mr. Pride.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    I agree, he was a class act.

RIP Mr. Pride.

You sang Country Music songs Perfectly.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,513
    Options
    Agreed, a class act. The Ken Burns “Country Music” piece about him was great!
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    Options
    RIP. "Kiss an Angel Good Morning"
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    Charlie Pride R.I.P.

Country music legend and County Music Hall of Fame member Charley Pride at 85 years old in concert at Mill Town Music Hall in Bremen, GA, May 4, 2019. A small venue in West Georgia where I grew up and founded by my first cousin. This is his music hobby. The Hall holds about 1000 people. The Charlie Pride concert sold out in record time.

Notable performers who have appeared at the venue include Loretta Lynn, Kenny Loggins, The Charlie Daniels Band, Sara Evans, Charley Pride, The Gaither Vocal Band, The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Tanya Tucker, The Oak Ridge Boys, Juice Newton, and The Temptations.

Charlie Pride. Time: 7:30 pm Cost: $80 - $85 Mill Town Music Hall 1031 Alabama Avenue P.O. Box 426 Bremen, GA 30110. (Video by fan in audience)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNd97mh--7Y
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Kex
    edited December 2020
    Options
    No way to confirm, but this is trending on social media:
    Charley Pride died of COVID one month after performing at the CMAs, which were indoors and full of people not wearing masks. They gave him a Lifetime Achievement Award and promptly killed him.

They were held in Nashville. The governor of TN has not issued a state-wide mask mandate or limited gathering sizes.
    Alea jacta est!
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    There's a lot of stuff trending on social media.
    Sal Palooza
  • la2vegas
    la2vegas Posts: 602
    Options
    Kex wrote: »
    Charley Pride died of COVID one month after performing at the CMAs, which were indoors and full of people not wearing masks. They gave him a Lifetime Achievement Award and promptly killed him.

They were held in Nashville. The governor of TN has not issued a state-wide mask mandate or limited gathering sizes.

If true, what a travesty...RIP.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    edited December 2020
    Options
    At what age does a person have the ability to make their OWN decisions ??? good or bad?

He made his decision and he performed, why are you two now trying to find blame for someone's own choice?
    JC
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Kex wrote: »

Can we threadcrap somewhere else please.

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    Maybe @KennethSwauger can edit the thread title to correct the spelling of Charley's first name.
  • Kex
    Options
    Thanks for pointing that out. 😉

Must have been autocorrect and I didn’t notice... It’s correct in the body of the first post. 😬
    Alea jacta est!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    Yep, no big deal. I just meant that maybe Ken can edit it for us, because of the editing limitations we have where we can't go back and edit the title of our own threads.
  • Kex
    Options
    There's a lot of stuff trending on social media.

The person who authored the Tweet was actually present at the CMA awards, and is a performer living in Tennessee, so it’s not just hearsay.

It’s still sad to think that he was able to perform on stage a month ago, and now he’s dead, so yeah...
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Alea jacta est!
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    I didn't say it was hearsay.
    Sal Palooza
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    @Kex... If I am not mistaken, you started this thread in memoriam of one of the legends of country music. His music and his legacy deserve better than turning this thread into yet another Covid pissing contest.

• jeremymarcinko
    Options
    ^^100% Agreed.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Kex
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Maybe @KennethSwauger can edit the thread title to correct the spelling of Charley's first name.
    Thanks @KennethSwauger! 👍 You da boss! 🏆 🥇
    Alea jacta est!