It arrived: my LP cleaning machine

Joey_V
Joey_V Posts: 8,506
edited December 2020 in 2 Channel Audio
Finally, had to wait for the shipment to come into my dealer and then fedex overnight to me.

The build quality is much better than I thought. I thought the whole thing was plastic but it appears to be aluminum or some alloy. Everything on the shell is metal and has an icy cold feel coming from the cold outdoors. It is also heavy, about 25 pounds.

Now I just need to accumulate more records and a record cleaner console table or something.

Thx to everyone who PM’d me and helped me along the way - especially Willie @displayname !

2quou4zj0m23.jpeg
t5blyeg553mw.jpeg
8pearcgu6ko8.jpeg
ott4acfk0l04.jpeg
4s9esvdv6kch.jpeg
hhc29nzzhcyg.jpeg
n1np4sw01b4s.jpeg
q8y4vq6yh0n9.jpeg
g1fctvui8xmz.jpeg
wp774rds8trd.jpeg
xy1v5f8i46qo.jpeg
y5kxgleqalov.jpeg
u6aimpbujgn3.jpeg
k262fs1hfbnw.jpeg

Aaaand the aftermath....
ygmmg2qaca0g.jpeg
Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound

Comments

• hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Very nice.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited December 2020
    Nice enjoy cleaning your LP's in style.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • doctor r
    doctor r Posts: 837
    Very nice.
    integrated w/DAC module Gryphon Diablo 300
    server Wolf Alpha 3SX
    phono pre Dynamic Sounds Associates Phono II
    turntable/tonearms Origin Live Sovereign Mk3 dual arm, Origin Live Enterprise Mk4, Origin Live Illustrious Mk3c
    cartridges Miyajima Madake, Ortofon Windfeld Ti, Ortofon
    speakers Rockport Mira II
    cables Synergistic Research Cables, Gryphon VPI XLR, Sablon 2020 USB
    rack Adona Eris 6dw
    ultrasonic cleaner Degritter
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,494
    Cool! Can't wait for you to try it and report back.
    Wait a sec, three kids???
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    Looks sharp! Hopefully it's just as easy to use as advertised. When you have a few hundred records, you'll be so glad you started cleaning early so you don't need to work through a backlog. Just make life with vinyl a little easier.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,310
    edited December 2020
    Nice, Joey. Think you'll do a before and after of anything? I've been curiously following along.

How long you think before you find a slice of bread in it?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Joey_V
    Looks sharp! Hopefully it's just as easy to use as advertised. When you have a few hundred records, you'll be so glad you started cleaning early so you don't need to work through a backlog. Just make life with vinyl a little easier.

Yeah, I’ve been waiting to open up over a dozen new records because I didn’t have a way to clean them. Atleast now I can clean all my records and place them in the mofi sleeves, ready to be played.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    msg wrote: »
    Nice, Joey. Think you'll do a before and after of anything? I've been curiously following along.

How long you think before you find a slice of bread in it?

I’ll try
  • Happy for you! The kids like it too.

It really looks/seems like the right choice.

Harry
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • doctor r
    doctor r Posts: 837
    I’m disappointed mine did not arrive with the special multicolored packing treats...
    integrated w/DAC module Gryphon Diablo 300
    server Wolf Alpha 3SX
    phono pre Dynamic Sounds Associates Phono II
    turntable/tonearms Origin Live Sovereign Mk3 dual arm, Origin Live Enterprise Mk4, Origin Live Illustrious Mk3c
    cartridges Miyajima Madake, Ortofon Windfeld Ti, Ortofon
    speakers Rockport Mira II
    cables Synergistic Research Cables, Gryphon VPI XLR, Sablon 2020 USB
    rack Adona Eris 6dw
    ultrasonic cleaner Degritter
  • SIHAB
    Interestingly, Stereophile (Fremer) reviews the Degritter in the January issue.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Joey_V
    SIHAB wrote: »
    Interestingly, Stereophile (Fremer) reviews the Degritter in the January issue.

I just saw that too, it arrived same day as my unit

Coincidence?
  • SIHAB
    Spooky cool. MF does what I do though. He cleans the records before USCleaning them...
  • Joey_V
    Spooky cool. MF does what I do though. He cleans the records before USCleaning them...

Yeah

Now I’m looking at vacuum cleaners as a precleaner too

Maybe for my birthday

🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Just demoed the degritter at Just Great Sound in Caldwell, NJ. Very cool machine! Much smaller than I thought it'd be. I brought the noisiest, dirtiest record in my stash. A copy of Vangelis ‎– Chariots Of Fire from the $1 bin at a local record store. It went from unlistenable to acceptable after the first "heavy" cleaning cycle, and sounds dam good after a second bath.
  • Joey_V
    And the best part is it is fully automated
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    @Joey_V Looking forward to how it goes when you try this thing out with some used record store vinyl.

Just read the review of this in the latest issue of Stereophile. The fact that it's completely automated/automatic is awesome.
  • Joey_V
    Clipdat wrote: »
    @Joey_V Looking forward to how it goes when you try this thing out with some used record store vinyl.

Just read the review of this in the latest issue of Stereophile. The fact that it's completely automated/automatic is awesome.

Thx mang

It is awesome

My wife finally voiced some concern when it came... “how much is this turntable stuff costing us exactly?”
  • Clipdat
    "Enough. But not too much. I made a higher initial investment to avoid spending more money in the long run. I figured you would appreciate that."
  • Joey_V
    At some point, one must have enough cognisance to know when to slow down. My wife rarely brings up (meaning argument) about budgets, but there have been a time or two where I have been put in my place....
  • Clipdat
    I say you only live once, spend it if you got it, because you can't take it with you.
  • Joey_V
    I say you only live once, spend it if you got it, because you can't take it with you.

Haha

I’m still working on the second arm with the Miyajima Infinity... Atleast that doesn’t come in too big a box
  • Clipdat
    edited December 2020
    Why not buy more vinyl first before buying a second arm? Just a thought.

Oh also, I forgot that you have three kids. In that case saving money and leaving it for them would be prudent.

I always forget I'm in the minority in that I'm never having kids.
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    Joey_V wrote: »

Haha

I’m still working on the second arm with the Miyajima Infinity... Atleast that doesn’t come in too big a box
    Plans to get deep into the mono world? It should be interesting. I've still never felt a need for a mono cart. It just doesn't come up in my life. Approaching 800 albums in my collection. If I've got mono albums, they are played so infrequently that I've forgotten they are there.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • SIHAB
    At some point, one must have enough cognisance to know when to slow down. My wife rarely brings up (meaning argument) about budgets, but there have been a time or two where I have been put in my place....

If you get cutoff at the knees, you will be wearing pants!
  • Joey_V

If you get cutoff at the knees, you will be wearing pants!

hahahhaha
  • Joey_V
    Why not buy more vinyl first before buying a second arm? Just a thought.

Oh also, I forgot that you have three kids. In that case saving money and leaving it for them would be prudent.

I always forget I'm in the minority in that I'm never having kids.

Little by little, the collection is getting bigger.
    I need to peruse used record stores since I have the degritter now. That should save me some money.
    But buying records, even at a pace of 3-4 per month, that's closing in on $150/mo. That's $1800 a year.
  • Joey_V

Haha

Plans to get deep into the mono world? It should be interesting. I've still never felt a need for a mono cart. It just doesn't come up in my life. Approaching 800 albums in my collection. If I've got mono albums, they are played so infrequently that I've forgotten they are there.

That's the early plan. There are a bunch of old albums that I want and I know a mono Miyajima will elevate the listening experience.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,963
    For the most part, I've buying used lately. Won't go for anything that is not media rated at least vg+ and try to stick to near mint. Jacket condition could be just vg but if media is minty I'll take a chance. The US cleaner can take care of just about anything except for audible scratches.....at;east so far.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.