Calling experienced pool owners

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    msg wrote: »
    Sort of like making tea, in a way.

Remind me to refuse the tea when I make it out your way :s
  • Walls are up and the concrete footer has been poured. Coming along.

zym3tru9gam2.jpeg
    bp96kywf80yq.jpeg
    ozdu8ytcf3gh.jpeg
    9h0abgunqjfj.jpeg

Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • pitdogg2
    What you're going to have a dirt floor pond?
    :p
  • pitdogg2 wrote: »

Yep and doubles as a septic system for us and our neighbors.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

And a jacuzzi generated by cabbage, rice and beans
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Yeah that's a new meaning for heavy water dude
    Lol
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    But you've got a big hole in the wall in the deep end... ;)
    Looking good, you guys must be excited in having this job completed. I take it you will need to wait until late spring to take a dip?
  • Willow wrote: »
    But you've got a big hole in the wall in the deep end... ;)
    Looking good, you guys must be excited in having this job completed. I take it you will need to wait until late spring to take a dip?

Thanks yeah we’re excited to see it’s progressing. I am guessing mid May earliest before we can swim. I am looking forward to getting all of the new landscaping in and our yard back in shape.
  • Willow
    So exciting for you and the family. I still find it strange there are no fences. I know you mentioned it earlier but still. We were so happy to get our 7ft pvc fence up. It's one of the first things people do around here. Mark off property and get privacy.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    It came together beautifully, but Harvey dropped his wallet in the deep end before they laid the liner, and they had to take it all apart again.
    I disabled signatures.
  • You know despite all of our early frustrations getting rolling on the project, we are very pleased. The workmanship has been fantastic start to finish and I feel like we couldn’t have had a better install.
  • Willow
    Congrats on the project completion. Very exciting times ahead. Expect to have many neighbourhood kids knocking on your door.
  • Thanks. We’re definitely looking forward to summer. After the fence is installed I want to get a gazebo and a large sand box built for my littlest one.

Anyone have any experience with the prefabricated Yardistry Gazebos? Looking at a 12x16 with an aluminum roof.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Who will be the first person to pee in it?
  • Clipdat wrote: »
    Who will be the first person to pee in it?

Not sure, but that probably help keep the neighbors out. JK. Likely one of my boys, but they’d never tell.
  • Willow
    Actually it'll probably be one of the neighbour's kids or that annoying drunk.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Very exciting! Remember to stay on top of your water chemistry. Get a Taylor test kit.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Nice, like that liner color combo.
  • steveinaz wrote: »
    Very exciting! Remember to stay on top of your water chemistry. Get a Taylor test kit.

Yeah I have some learning to do there. I’ve got a months and my pool people’s store is only about two miles away. I can take them samples and they’ll tell me what I need.
  • Willow
    steveinaz wrote: »

Open early and close late. Easier that way even if you don't use it. Keep the pump going and as Steve mentioned keep the chems up all the time.
  • oldrocker wrote: »
    Nice, like that liner color combo.

Thanks! The tan color was a last minute decision as our 1st choice was back ordered.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Chlorine lasts much longer in cold water, keep it sanitized; there's NO need to open to a green pool every Spring. 2 cups of clorox every Saturday will keep your pool good in the off-season.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • pitdogg2
    edited December 2020
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Chlorine lasts much longer in cold water, keep it sanitized; there's NO need to open to a green pool every Spring. 2 cups of clorox every Saturday will keep your pool good in the off-season.

Especially if it's cover and no sun gets in. Sun shortens chlorines life
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Looks AWESOME!!
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Wow! Really nice job! What's your address again?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Willow
    Nice, we've been swimming already. First dip was April 8. Yup you read that right. Up here in Canada!!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    gyosa wrote: »
    My pool .....

cetgml52us20.jpeg

It’s still chlorine......

“......I’ve heard the “SWCGs” don’t hold up...wife really wants it..says it’ll be better for her skin and hair :(

Bk
    gyosa wrote: »
    My pool .....

Dang bro, now if that isn't the place for the next Polk Fest.....

Awesome man.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    That’s awesome! You use gas heat?Hopefully we’ll get our heat pump repaired and be swimming soon.

Anyone have any recommendations on a robot vacuum under a $1000, preferably way under?

With our mains not cut in yet the filter isn’t clearing the water very quickly through the skimmer, although I’ve been brushing a couple times a day to stir up the dirt. Thinking a vacuum could help with this.